Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Controller New Battery Low Voltage Error?

Reaction score
Hey Inspire Pilots! I have an issue with the stock Inspire 1 Controller and was wondering if any of you have heard of this and know of what I should do to repair this issue. Basically, my controller is fully charged. Battery LED's show all four bright and full. Upon using, just about 5 minutes into the flight, the controller drops to "Low Voltage Alarm" with only one LED flashing, the connecting LED flashing Red, and constant Beeping. If I continue to fly, within a few minutes the controller will shut off. Next I plug it into the stock charger and it charges normally but reaches full charge in less than maybe 10 minutes with the LED's charge indication turning Off (going dark).
-Now here is the part I can not figure out any further. I do not believe this to be a common lipo old lipo battery issue. My background in RC is over 20 years and all my DJI batteries are always stored at 50% battery level and cycled every month. I also do have a second new lipo controller battery and I have opened the transmitter, replaced with a new lipo battery and the Same Exact issue continues. I am reaching out to our community in hopes you good folks may know of something I have missed. Something else is faulty here. I have also put the lipo on an external RC iCharger, cycled, checked the battery IR numbers, voltage and cycled. The lipo is not puffed and not damaged. Fully charged on an iCharger, installed back in the controller thinking the new battery may be defective, same thing. 5 minutes in, Low Controller Battery Alarm. If any of you can chime in and know of this issue or what I should check, please let me know! I very much appreciate all your feedback and interaction! This is a controller for my Inspire 1 V2.0 as well. Thank you everyone!

I do believe you are describing a failure of the internal controller charging and battery monitoring system.

End result = Bad controller. Replace it.

I will add, if you want, you can try refreshing the controller firmware. Do a search, there are plenty of threads on how to do it.

It is a long shot and, I, personally, don't think it will fix it for you. Sounds like a bad controller.

Hey Inspire Pilots! I have an issue with the stock Inspire 1 Controller and was wondering if any of you have heard of this and know of what I should do to repair this issue. Basically, my controller is fully charged. Battery LED's show all four bright and full. Upon using, just about 5 minutes into the flight, the controller drops to "Low Voltage Alarm" with only one LED flashing, the connecting LED flashing Red, and constant Beeping. If I continue to fly, within a few minutes the controller will shut off. Next I plug it into the stock charger and it charges normally but reaches full charge in less than maybe 10 minutes with the LED's charge indication turning Off (going dark).
-Ahora aquí está la parte que no puedo entender más. No creo que esto sea un problema común de las baterías lipo viejas. Mi experiencia en RC es de más de 20 años y todas mis baterías DJI siempre se almacenan al 50% del nivel de batería y se ciclan cada mes. También tengo una segunda batería nueva del controlador de lipo y he abierto el transmisor, reemplazado con una nueva batería de lipo y el problema de Same Exact continúa. Me estoy comunicando con nuestra comunidad con la esperanza de que ustedes, buenas personas, sepan algo que me he perdido. Hay algo más defectuoso aquí. También puse la lipo en un iCharger RC externo, hice un ciclo, verifiqué los números de infrarrojos de la batería, el voltaje y el ciclo. La lipo no se hincha ni se daña. Totalmente cargado en un iCharger, instalado de nuevo en el controlador pensando que la nueva batería puede estar defectuosa, lo mismo. 5 minutos en, alarma de batería baja del controlador. Si alguno de ustedes puede intervenir y conocer este problema o lo que debería verificar, ¡hágamelo saber! ¡Aprecio mucho todos sus comentarios e interacción! Este es también un controlador para mi Inspire 1 V2.0. ¡Gracias a todos!
-Now here is the part I can not figure out any further. I do not believe this to be a common lipo old lipo battery issue. My background in RC is over 20 years and all my DJI batteries are always stored at 50% battery level and cycled every month. I also do have a second new lipo controller battery and I have opened the transmitter, replaced with a new lipo battery and the Same Exact issue continues. I am reaching out to our community in hopes you good folks may know of something I have missed. Something else is faulty here. I have also put the lipo on an external RC iCharger, cycled, checked the battery IR numbers, voltage and cycled. The lipo is not puffed and not damaged. Fully charged on an iCharger, installed back in the controller thinking the new battery may be defective, same thing. 5 minutes in, Low Controller Battery Alarm. If any of you can chime in and know of this issue or what I should check, please let me know! I very much appreciate all your feedback and interaction! This is a controller for my Inspire 1 V2.0 as well. Thank you everyone!
Hello: I have read carefully what has happened to you with the RC of your Inspire 1, and I believe that the problem is in the RC not in the battery. The charge controller and battery monitoring that is in the RC must have problems, it may not necessarily be bad, sometimes the welds of this suffer. I suggest you look for tutorials on YouTube; videos of battery charge failure in RC Phantom 4 or Inspire ... the internal construction is similar, there is a square shaped chip at the bottom and almost central on the motherboard where it is located is integrated, I have seen that only They apply focused heat by means of a hot air welder and they have solved the problem. Lucky.!

Hello: I have read carefully what has happened to you with the RC of your Inspire 1, and I believe that the problem is in the RC not in the battery. The charge controller and battery monitoring that is in the RC must have problems, it may not necessarily be bad, sometimes the welds of this suffer. I suggest you look for tutorials on YouTube; videos of battery charge failure in RC Phantom 4 or Inspire ... the internal construction is similar, there is a square shaped chip at the bottom and almost central on the motherboard where it is located is integrated, I have seen that only They apply focused heat by means of a hot air welder and they have solved the problem. Lucky.!
Thanks for your reply. I did already try the 'heat' fix and that did not work. Oh well I guess it is what it is with technology. Thanks everyone who replied here. If anyone else has any input, please post up and thank you!

I have fixed a phantom 4 rc using the hot air re-solder method and it actually took a lot more heat than I thought it should. That little ic still maybe the culprit. It took me 3 tries to finally get it hot enough to settle and reconnect. There's nothing lost in giving it another shot.

Reactions: SaltyPilot
I have fixed a phantom 4 rc using the hot air re-solder method and it actually took a lot more heat than I thought it should. That little ic still maybe the culprit. It took me 3 tries to finally get it hot enough to settle and reconnect. There's nothing lost in giving it another shot.
Thank you very much for your reply. This may be the issue and I was wondering if you could provide a bit more information on the steps you used? What type of heat gun did you use? Also, if you used any videos on YouTube for reference, could you post the links to me here please? I did try this a couple of times and I was really scared as the the heat gun temperature is extremely high. I was literally melting the plastic on my work bench. I used cardboard to funnel and channel the heat directly to that small 'chipset' so I didn't damage any of the surrounding electronic components. I'm not sure how long to literally hold a heat gun up to that part. Did your Phantom 4 controller have the exact same issue? Reason being, my controller still does work. I can get through one flight at least with the low battery beeping warning without the controller shutting off. Thank you for your time and I very much appreciate your reply and help!

I did use youtube for reference but it's been awhile and I can no longer find the the link. I reviewed this newer youtube video
and it details the process I followed. I used a soda can to fabricate a heat shield and and a heat gun with an aluminum funneled tip to better concentrate the heat. I had stepped up the heat time by a few seconds each try until I got the correct charge light charge pattern. Your controller seems to be exhibiting different symptoms so this may or may not work. Good luck, if it's not under a DJI warranty, you really have nothing to lose.

Reactions: SaltyPilot
I did use youtube for reference but it's been awhile and I can no longer find the the link. I reviewed this newer youtube video
and it details the process I followed. I used a soda can to fabricate a heat shield and and a heat gun with an aluminum funneled tip to better concentrate the heat. I had stepped up the heat time by a few seconds each try until I got the correct charge light charge pattern. Your controller seems to be exhibiting different symptoms so this may or may not work. Good luck, if it's not under a DJI warranty, you really have nothing to lose.
Really REALLY appreciate you taking the time to reply and post a video link. I will follow and try this again. It is what it is with technology that has been discontinued and back seated. Such a great flying platform and it's really not right for support to just go away for a $3000.00 purchase. Thanks again for your time!

I found a company on ebay that repairs charging issues on GL 300 controllers. They don't list this one. They do repair the Inspire 2 controller so i bet if you asked they would do yours. I have used them and they fixed a gl300e for me

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth