Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 flying like its on a boat.

Reaction score
Hello all,

Ive done some basic searching but I wanted to discuss with some people who might have some ideas.

While flying, I can physically see my Inspire swaying back and forth. At times, the entire craft will be tilted to the left or right. The video comes out like its sitting on the deck of boat gently rocking in the water. The only thing that i think I notice is that one of the motors makes a bit of a different sound if i throttle up a tiny bit (not enough to lift off).

I have tried calibration as well as an IMU reset.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Hello all,

Ive done some basic searching but I wanted to discuss with some people who might have some ideas.

While flying, I can physically see my Inspire swaying back and forth. At times, the entire craft will be tilted to the left or right. The video comes out like its sitting on the deck of boat gently rocking in the water. The only thing that i think I notice is that one of the motors makes a bit of a different sound if i throttle up a tiny bit (not enough to lift off).

Thanks,
I am not technically minded but I think you have your answer. Give the motor a spin and listen and if its different, I would get it fixed. It could stop anytime and drop out of the sky otherwise.

I would say that if i physically spin the motor, there is no difference that I can hear. Only very briefly when throttling up when its on the ground.

Hello all,

Thanks,
Hover in one place (about 10 feet in front of you and 10 feet up) for 5 minutes or so.
Then land and immediately check the temperature of each motor with your fingers.
If one is noticeably warmer than the other three suspect bearings on that motor.
If they are binding then it could cause your problem of eractic flight.

Reactions: Ikopta
Hover in one place (about 10 feet in front of you and 10 feet up) for 5 minutes or so.
Then land and immediately check the temperature of each motor with your fingers.
If one is noticeably warmer than the other three suspect bearings on that motor.
If they are binding then it could cause your problem of eractic flight.

I am unable to notice any difference in temperature.

I went out and flew around for a bit and it seems like the vertical speed is a lot slower than it used to be. I just went straight up off the ground and the initial 20 feet or so seemed fine, but past that, it seemed to slow way down. It certainly did not continue with the same speed. Also, when i picked it up (still powered on) and placed it in my garage, my gimbal ended up like this...

Dropbox - Photo Aug 23, 5 18 08 PM.jpg

Not really sure what to think about all of this....

Have you tried with fresh blades? Had similar on my Pro the other week. Fresh set, and was back to normal.

Fresh blades does not seem to remedy the problem. I did downgrade the firmware which seems to have resolved the "boat on the water" issue. However, its still puzzling because when i go straight up after takeoff, the first 20 feet goes quick, but it almost seems to hit that height and then dramatically slow down. It certainly does not have the same "punch" from 20' + as it does from 0-20. I just don't understand.

Could it be batteries? I looked at the battery info and they all appear to be relatively close in cell power.

Maybe a good follow up question is, since it appears that the craft just drifts off and the gimbal goes all wonky, is it something internal like the GPS or IMU unit? I feel like replacing all the motors wouldn't do anything. Up until this point, I had flown about 6 minutes without issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84