Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

inspire 1 flying over a valcano

Just wait until the video is released. According to Eric it will knock your socks off. The live feed was nothing compared to what they filmed over several days. One of the Inspires got a little toasty, as in melted plastic around the camera mount. That is why they took 4 Inspires.

Just wait until the video is released. According to Eric it will knock your socks off. The live feed was nothing compared to what they filmed over several days. One of the Inspires got a little toasty, as in melted plastic around the camera mount. That is why they took 4 Inspires.

Can't wait to see the video, Ed. Didn't Eric already melt a Go Pro when he was there last time? That man is rough on the gear, LOL. Wish I could have been there. The live video showed how hard the Inspires fought the crosswind when flying out. This craft will produce some amazing footage over the next year, I predict. Only limit is imagination and pucker factor.

Can't wait to see the video, Ed. Didn't Eric already melt a Go Pro when he was there last time? That man is rough on the gear, LOL. Wish I could have been there. The live video showed how hard the Inspires fought the crosswind when flying out. This craft will produce some amazing footage over the next year, I predict. Only limit is imagination and pucker factor.

I have offered to be his gaffer on the next trip. Yes you are right the last time he was there he melted a GoPro. I think that as long as he keeps hitting home runs like this DJI can make sure he has all the equipment he needs.

I have offered to be his gaffer on the next trip. Yes you are right the last time he was there he melted a GoPro. I think that as long as he keeps hitting home runs like this DJI can make sure he has all the equipment he needs.

I'm available to tie his shoelaces or wipe his nose, or anything else the man requires. ;)

Great, footage. I wish I was able to fly knowing if something goes wrong there is another Inspire waiting for me. Unless a client paid decent cash I would never put my Inspire in that situation, don't think my nerves could survive.

Quick question though, so I did a flight two days ago. It was a test flight for my camera operator, so we kept the Inspire quiet close(No further than 50m). My signal was perfect during the entire flight but for my operator he had a lot of drop out on his signal. We were in an open area so there was little to no interference. We were using iOS devices. Was Eric running this live feed out of his transmitter or the second operator transmitter?

Oh, so now it melts when you fly it over volcanoes now???

Lol, I was asking myself how amazing the footage would be straight off the SD card.

Hmmmph.... So Eric gets FOUR Inspires to take on his 'holidays' while we all have to wait to get ONE! Who does he think he is?... Someone important at DJI or something?
I hear Frank Wang has an Inspire in every room in his house (and two in the garage) !

Mind you, to be fair, this guy did try and get one in his garage

Great, footage. I wish I was able to fly knowing if something goes wrong there is another Inspire waiting for me. Unless a client paid decent cash I would never put my Inspire in that situation, don't think my nerves could survive.

Quick question though, so I did a flight two days ago. It was a test flight for my camera operator, so we kept the Inspire quiet close(No further than 50m). My signal was perfect during the entire flight but for my operator he had a lot of drop out on his signal. We were in an open area so there was little to no interference. We were using iOS devices. Was Eric running this live feed out of his transmitter or the second operator transmitter?

Is the Tx on the slave set to Auto channel selection, if not do that. The 5.8gHz is only between Tx's and not the Inspire.

Hmmmph.... So Eric gets FOUR Inspires to take on his 'holidays' while we all have to wait to get ONE! Who does he think he is?... Someone important at DJI or something?
I hear Frank Wang has an Inspire in every room in his house (and two in the garage) !

Mind you, to be fair, this guy did try and get one in his garage

This is so old news. DJI replaced his Inspire. We did not repair the garage. It could have been prevented if he would have just flown the Inspire.

I know... It's just my warped sense of humour!

Actually Ed... While you are on here would you be able to confirm (or deny) a couple of points in the upcoming next firmware release (amongst other things).
In fact it might be nice to start a thread with known issues that are currently and will be addressed.

Can you confirm that:
Gimbal Jerk is being looked at (I think this may have already been confirmed but would be nice to see it in one place)
Yaw Issue to be addressed
Sporadic GPS loss
Loose Arms -
A fix to come via video instructions?

Many thanks for your help and support Ed - It is appreciated even if I do have a pop now and then ;)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips