Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 motor covers .stl files

Reaction score
Im looking for .stl files for motor covers for the Inspire 1 so that i can 3D print them. I have been looking around on Thingiverse etc. but couldn't find those.

So if somebody has them or knows were they can be downloaded i would really appreciate.
Thanks in advance.

or just try to use sketchup to draw one... actually is quite easy to draw... i don't have my inspire 1 with me now... haha

I would absolutely do that if i had the knowledge to use CAD software.

But i have not that knowledge so thats why i asked for the .stl files.

I guess there are people having files for I1 motor covers since they are sold on ebay etc.

But maybe they want to make money off of them and not make them availible on thingiverse and similar places.
But i guess its worth to ask.

On the other hand i havent tried Sketchup so matbe if its truly easy to use i can manage to draw the motor covers?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

yes ture.. try to download sketchup make is free to use...
download stl plug in
also solid inspections plug in and you good to go... :) is super easy to learn too.. there is lot of youtube sketchup tutorial tooo... or feel free to ask me anything about i would really to help.. just find my name at facebook... ( tie ee fei ) haha u can see some of my printing

yes ture.. try to download sketchup make is free to use...
download stl plug in
also solid inspections plug in and you good to go... :) is super easy to learn too.. there is lot of youtube sketchup tutorial tooo... or feel free to ask me anything about i would really to help.. just find my name at facebook... ( tie ee fei ) haha u can see some of my printing

It sure seems pretty easy to use and I've even watched the 4 instructional videos, but i can not figure how to make a cylinder hollow.

When i use the push/pull tool it increases the height on the whole cylinder, i want to remove the inside of a cylinder and make it hollow, but can not understand how to do that?

Another thing i can't figure out is how i change the flat top on the cylinder and make it more cone shaped at the top?

just draw a cylinder inside.. smaller... or click offset selected the face .. and type 1mm enter and you have the inner circle and try push / pull tools.. sorry my bad explanations hope if help play around you will have the idea :)

just draw a cylinder inside.. smaller... or click offset selected the face .. and type 1mm enter and you have the inner circle and try push / pull tools.. sorry my bad explanations hope if help play around you will have the idea :)

Thanks, that worked on the first try. :)

Do you also know how to make the now flat top more "cone" shaped, so the motor covers looks more like the ones that people are selling?
Since right know the top part is flat.

And what would be a suitable thickness for the walls, is 1 mm the smallest possible in sketchup?

Thanks in advance.

Are you looking for something like this ? DJI Inspire 1 Case Inserts by blackice83

Unfortunately no, im looking for motor covers that goes on top of the motors.
Same as they are selling on ebay.

Also the motor covers are availible in plenty for the Phantom 3/4, but thats the way its always been, there are much more spare parts and items availible for the Phantom than for the Inspire 1.

Thanks anyway.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using InspirePilots

I wonder what i do wrong, when my file is ready in Sketchup it tells me there are two errors which it proceeds to correct.
But when i want to open the .stl file in Cura it doesnt even allow me to open the file, if i remember correct it gives a message saying that there is something wrong with my file or something along those lines?

Also in Sketchup i think its a bit hard to get all the measurements exactly correct.
And when i choose a certain size it automatically doubles the size in one axis, cant remember which one, maybe its length wise?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07