Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pre-Flight Checklist and Safety Meeting Talking Points

I'm sorry I may not have been clear. I do the same thing, I download all vids and pics after every flight, I was just wondering why I keep reading people saying they "reformat" the card each time, after downloading. I was saying I only formatted the card once, when I bought it. My question was "do I need to reformat the card every time I use it and if so, why"

I'm the same way, but I use photo for mac, and just click the little button that says delete when imported. This way, photo keeps my photos and videos organized.

no, you don't need to reformat every time, I just do,,its an easy way to clear the disk and get it
"fresh"

Hi,

Pretty comprehensive, my only addition to this would be pre-flight point 12, Adjust minimum return height but take into consideration height/altitude changes in flight. Several of us has experienced a height difference from take off to landing even though returning to the same location, so as an example, I loose approx 1m per 1 minute of flight, so if I set my return height at 20m to clear trees, after 15min of flight my bird has gained 15m in height/altitude, therefore when it returns at 20m its only 5m above its original takeoff point. So you need to compensate for this possibly, basically set a height 40 or 50m above what you would usually to be safe

see youtube clip as evidence:
I recognise that place, The Cove at Portland!
I am from Weymouth, are you a local pilot too?

Hi,

A very comprehensive checklist indeed with some interesting additions suggested. I'm very new to drone flying & welcome any assistance and advice.

Item 1 in Safety Meeting Talking Points advises bystanders to keep 10m away but CAA Article 167 advises 30m other than the person in control & assistant. Can you advise please?

Hi,

A very comprehensive checklist indeed with some interesting additions suggested. I'm very new to drone flying & welcome any assistance and advice.

Item 1 in Safety Meeting Talking Points advises bystanders to keep 10m away but CAA Article 167 advises 30m other than the person in control & assistant. Can you advise please?
30m during take off and landing - 50m at all other times.

I do not think the OP's list is CAA orientated but rather a hobbyist style checklist but still fairly comprehensive.
Also - we do not know if Mr Parsons is UK based which means the Air Navigation Order would be meaningless to him and he would not be bound by it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop