Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Pro Strange Hover Action

CMS

Reaction score
Anyone have this happen. Had left the bird sitting in the driveway in the shade with the radio and DJI go app connected, no props installed while I was working out some calibration issues with the camera. Went inside to check some camera settings on the computer for about 10 min. Also thought it would be a good opportunity to burn down the battery before putting it away for the day. Decided to hover it some to finish off the battery so I carried the props with me and installed them. Looked at the app and everything seemed fine. Had 17 sats battery at 45% using the DJI go app. Also I had returned about 1 hour earlier from the local RC field where I had used up 3 batteries with no issues. Placed the bird in a clear location set the home point and eased it off the ground and yes I was flying in P mode. I relaxed the sticks and the bird continued to drift very very slowly upward. Thought that was strange so I pulled the sticks back to stop it. It did and then started to descend in the same fashion. So I was playing a slow game of yo yo for about 30 seconds until I saw an opportunity to land it. Moved the bird to another location with a little more room and it did the same thing. I then rebooted the bird, but not the radio or app, and it all seemed to fly correctly. Never had this happen before. All the firmware is updated and although I use the Autopilot app it was not on or running in the background during the time.

Last edited:
Anyone have this happen. Had left the bird sitting in the driveway in the shade with the radio and DJI go app connected, no props installed. Went inside to check some camera settings on the computer for about 10 min. Also wanted to burn down the battery before putting it away for the day. Decided to hover it some to finish off the battery so I carried the props with me and installed them. Looked at the app and everything seemed fine. Had 17 sats battery at 45% using the DJI go app. Also I had returned about 1 hour earlier from the local RC field where I had used up 3 batteries with no issues. Placed the bird in a clear location set the home point and eased it off the ground and yes I was flying in P mode. I relaxed the sticks and the bird continued to drift very very slowly upward. Thought that was strange so I pulled the sticks back to stop it. It did and then started to descend in the same fashion. So I was playing a slow game of yo yo for about 30 seconds until I saw an opportunity to land it. Moved the bird to another location with a little more room and it did the same thing. I then rebooted the bird, not the radio or app, and it all seemed to work correctly. Never had this happen before. All the firmware is updated and although I use the Autopilot app it was not on during the time.
I am going to assume you are running v1.9.1.10?
If so, this has been observed/reported a few times and appears to be an issue with the firmware and the barometer.
No news on a fix as of yet.

YEP, latest and greatest firmware. Might need to go backwards until they get it worked out. The only side note is that we loose the RTH function using the Autopilot app when flying the I1 although it's a minor issue as far as I'm concerned.....unless you really need it !!

Not sure if they know there's a fire! Although the firmware kills the RTH with the Autopilot app the larger issue remains while using the DJI Go app and that's a huge problem. Fend for yourself fellows....

Not sure if they know there's a fire! Although the firmware kills the RTH with the Autopilot app the larger issue remains while using the DJI Go app and that's a huge problem. Fend for yourself fellows....
My I1 Pro is perfect as is, and DJI can put its FW updates where the sun don't shine. What kind of company sells you a $4K product and then uses you as a beta tester?

Anyone have this happen. Had left the bird sitting in the driveway in the shade with the radio and DJI go app connected, no props installed while I was working out some calibration issues with the camera. Went inside to check some camera settings on the computer for about 10 min. Also thought it would be a good opportunity to burn down the battery before putting it away for the day. Decided to hover it some to finish off the battery so I carried the props with me and installed them. Looked at the app and everything seemed fine. Had 17 sats battery at 45% using the DJI go app. Also I had returned about 1 hour earlier from the local RC field where I had used up 3 batteries with no issues. Placed the bird in a clear location set the home point and eased it off the ground and yes I was flying in P mode. I relaxed the sticks and the bird continued to drift very very slowly upward. Thought that was strange so I pulled the sticks back to stop it. It did and then started to descend in the same fashion. So I was playing a slow game of yo yo for about 30 seconds until I saw an opportunity to land it. Moved the bird to another location with a little more room and it did the same thing. I then rebooted the bird, but not the radio or app, and it all seemed to fly correctly. Never had this happen before. All the firmware is updated and although I use the Autopilot app it was not on or running in the background during the time.
Just wanted to give an update concerning the strange hovering action. I read somewhere on another forum a pilot was having a similar issue. He fixed the problem by re-calibrating the radio gimbals. I did re-calibrate and it seemed to have fixed the problem although, before calibrating, the issue sometimes would not repeat itself . Now the bird is rock solid and only moving a few inches while in a hover. Feels much more locked in. Going forward I would suggest re-calibrating everything after a firmware update just to avoid any issues. Prior to calibrating I performed a orbit test on a 300' tower using Autopilot. Orbit was 350 high and 400 radius. About halfway thru the orbit I could tell the bird dropped about 15' in altitude so I know there was some type of a problem. I'll continue to test and if the issue returns I'll post again.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lily212