Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 PRO Uses Lightbridge? Or Lightbridge 2?

Thanks for the replies. I'm beginning to figure this out thanks to all.

So it seems like if using Lightbridge I am not going ot be able ot use this as a one operator craft, because I can't use DJI go with it, is that correct? But if I go with Lightbridge 2, I can get the whole system, control my gimbal and also fly from the Lightbridge 2 controller? Right? If so, then that's the reason to get LB2 and not the original for me.

As for flight controllers, I am under the impression that if I use the A2 instead of Wookong-M then I will eliminate the need for CAN-BUS is that right too? Plus any benefits offered by the A2 system..

As for batteries, still undecided as to which to go with; the 22000 or two of the 11000's Are the 11000's the same size as the monster brick sized 22000s?

You make good points. I don't see how the math could possibly work out for lower IR decay, but I don't have a test bed in front of me, so I can't produce numbers. So I'll just leave it at that.

Worth noting is that you are correct in asserting that many of the large platforms - like the Alta 8, for example - are using single or double brick LiPos. So I'll concede that my concerns IN GENERAL may be unfounded, but more specifically to the S1000, I believe those concerns are legitimate.

I will also concede that I have a negative prejudice against the S1000, as my limited experience with it was NOT good. Perhaps if the bird were MINE, I would've massaged it a little and maybe worked out some of the shortcomings. Your ESC/motor upgrade probably overcomes those shortcomings to a greater degree than I had originally conceded to.

In conclusion, I will concede that it sounds like you know what you're doing, and that you clearly have more experience with the S1000 than I ever did.

One last note... You can bet if I had TWENTY GRAND to dump into a platform, I would. At about 1/3 cost, the M600 Pro is a very viable alternative. If I were flying Reds or Arri's daily, you could bet I would pony up for the Alta 8...which runs on a pair of LiPo's.

Good conversation.

D
Always enjoy your input and insight, learn something new from you each time or you motivate a concise response... all good.

Good catch on the Alta8... my auto correct corrected something on the 1st one so I absent mindingly continued... my typo!

On the IR decay... the smaller the cell, the lower the volume of gel compound per cell... and all IR is on a lipo is the gel beginnig to breakdown or decay. The smaller cells have the same rate of gel decay but within a smaller container... thus higher percentage per volume is capable... heat is biggest variable to encourage gel breakdown and when small cells heat there is less capacity to absorb the heat... thus higher tendency for gel to breakdown. The numbers wouldn't be in the voltage or charge amperage as much as heat dissipating within the gel.

Exp: a TB48 gets warm... keep feeling it, the whole battery gets warm as it sits. Heat being absorbed throughout the gel. Run a lg brick same time, same load... it's also warm but feel it as it sits... as heat absorbs it cools, more jel to absorb the heat... essentially less heat as it dissipates. Thus less gel stimulated to decay, thus less IR in the cells.

I'd agree, the generation of technology when S900 and S1000 were introduced wasn't close to the Technology during M600 development. The motors and ESC on the M600 is leaps ahead... you can hear it when it spins up... so smooth and when it lifts off they are all producing even torque and she lifts off so smooth & straight.

Althogh the motors & ESC were still very good on the S1000. The one area I felt was extremly poor were the super cheap plastic nylon props! There was so much deflection in the props, it was out of smooth takeoff or hover. Change the props to ridgid carbon and it improves immensely... plus the "cord" and overall design of the prop was poor. A nice set of after market 15" makes it a different flyer.

I'm with ya on the cost of the Alta8... beautiful craft but beyound my needs & budget. The design of power distribution was very similar to the S1000, which was one of the little points that got me pondering the S1000.

When I get it finished and worthy to show... I'll send ya a few pics... currently it's a slow project on motion. Haven't touched it in warm weather, I'll get back in it this winter.

Great discussion!!

Thanks for the replies. I'm beginning to figure this out thanks to all.

So it seems like if using Lightbridge I am not going ot be able ot use this as a one operator craft, because I can't use DJI go with it, is that correct? But if I go with Lightbridge 2, I can get the whole system, control my gimbal and also fly from the Lightbridge 2 controller? Right? If so, then that's the reason to get LB2 and not the original for me.

As for flight controllers, I am under the impression that if I use the A2 instead of Wookong-M then I will eliminate the need for CAN-BUS is that right too? Plus any benefits offered by the A2 system..

As for batteries, still undecided as to which to go with; the 22000 or two of the 11000's Are the 11000's the same size as the monster brick sized 22000s?
Easy one first... on batteries. No, the smaller mAh you go, the smaller dimensions too.
Run 4 x 5-6k packs and it's smaller yet per cell. Easier to mount on top or next to struts. It's all a experiment.

It's been long enough or I've focused on newer that I'm a little off memory for the A2. It is using different CAN cables and little different setup... all the details I'd be misleading if I was to specify.

Not attempting to push one way or other, just mentioning... the improvements from A2 to A3 or A3Pro are very noticeable. On this size craft I'd personally take the best option, not the best compatibility with the Inspire 1. Just my small 2 cents.

As far as Apps... the Go3App has a selection for the A3 / A3 Pro LB2... once attached it's just like the M600Pro.

Again on the A2... I"m not confident to say.
Google would be more knowledgeable than me.

I'm thinking I'll go with A2 flight controller, so I can avoid using Can-bus (right?) and Lightbridge 2, so I can use my Inspire 1 controller (Seeing online it should work..?) and have a single operator craft I can control the gimbal and camera with. It's my understanding that with LB1, I can't do this and would need the ground receiver. As for batteries, I think I'll start with two 22,000 mAh.

Update:

I figured out that one of the power outlets from the s1000's power distribution is faulty. The voltage current sensor module attached to it was also blown. I was only able to figure it out after hooking the extra drone's power lead into Pixhawk into s1000's Pixhawk power input and it worked. Then I was only lucky enough to have an extra Attopilot voltage current sensor module on hand for testing with and still on another power outlet. I don't think I ever would've figured it out without a few spare cables and parts. I don't see any reason I'd be needing that extra output, so it's no big deal.

After much research and brain pain, I either have already, ordered, or plan on:

s1000
Pixhawk
Taranis x9d+ TX
FrSky 8xr Receiver
FrSky SBUS to PWM Decoder
FrSky DJT Telemetry RF Module XYFD8TD8R
22,000 mah 6s 25C/50C
Mauch 50A battery indicator
90A APM2.5 APM2.52 AttoPilot Voltage Current Sensor Module

After I get the copter dialed in, I'm planning on a Gremsy gimbal setup for my a7s & a7sii

Am I forgetting anything? Any cables/add-ons/stuff I'll need/recommendations for hooking it up?

As for the free other drone I got with it, it's almost complete as-is. I just had to get a binding plug for binding the Spektrum dx6i to the receiver, and should be ready to fly for that one.. Which I will only test and sell as a complete kit to offset money spent on parts above :)

Last edited:
Update:

After much research and brain pain, I either have already, ordered, or plan on:

s1000
Pixhawk
Taranis x9d+ TX
FrSky 8xr Receiver
FrSky SBUS to PWM Decoder
FrSky DJT Telemetry RF Module XYFD8TD8R
22,000 mah 6s 25C/50C each
Mauch 50A battery indicator

Then I'm planning on a Gremsy gimbal setup for my a7s & a7sii

Am I forgetting anything? Any cables/add-ons/stuff I'll need for hooking it up?

As for the free other drone I got with it, it's almost complete as-is. I just had to get a binding plug for binding the Spektrum dx6i to the receiver, and should be ready to fly for that one.. Which I will only test and sell as a complete kit to offset money spent on parts above :)
Looks pretty complete, hope you enjoy the build up. Share when complete.
As far as missing misc items... I'm sure there's something lacking but that's the fun of a build... the little oddities to collect during the build.

Looks good!

I didn't use the standard motors & 15" props... that may have been a difference, or maybe arm out of alignment?
I would think the improved motors, larger carbon props that are similar to the M600Pro carbon props... much stiffer than the nylon 15" stock props, provides a more stable hover and flight transition. For my tests, no more concern than flying the M600Pro in similar environment, it doesn't have quite the payload capacity as the M600Pro when you figure the motor's power & 21" props.... but close and within limits for a RoninMX.
Which props are you using?

Which props are you using?
To clarify, I don't recall if you changed the S1000 motors or just the ESC's.

I didn't use the S1000 motors. I went with the E1200TPS kits which included motors, ESC and 17" carbon props that look like a slightly smaller version of the M600Pro 21" props.

On the 18" Carbon, the Xoar props are nice.
I don't recall which one off hand... I think it was this one at 18x6.5

To clarify, I don't recall if you changed the S1000 motors or just the ESC's.

I didn't use the S1000 motors. I went with the E1200TPS kits which included motors, ESC and 17" carbon props that look like a slightly smaller version of the M600Pro 21" props.

On the 18" Carbon, the Xoar props are nice.
I don't recall which one off hand... I think it was this one at 18x6.5
I didn't change either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg