Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 rapid charger with i2 hub

Yes it works fine but you have to cut off the plug and fix the correct plug for i2 charging hub.

I had to do this as I've been flying long missions and needed to rotate 8 batteries. The chargers haven't been available so I had to improvise.

You could buy a rapid charger for the i1's batteries. You could plug it in the i1's hub. It changed batteries quicker.

The output voltage, amps and Rc Connector are the same but the plug different. The inspire 1 rapid charger plugs straight onto the battery and you need to cut this off and change to plug that will fit inspire 2 charging hub.

Why mutilate a $100 Inspire 1 180W charger when you can just make an adapter using some crimp on spade terminals wired to a power plug compatible with the Inspire 2's charging hub?

you would need to make sure the polarity is correct though.

I don't think it's mutilating a charger! It's a permanent fix that won't fall off or ever have a problem of incorrect polarity.
20170216_090414.jpg

I didn't mean to criticize ARF. mutilate is perhaps a strong word. The wiring looks good.

I just meant it wouldn't work with an Inspire 1 battery anymore. (I decided to keep my inspire 1 since the resale value isn't great.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adidasCampusShoes