Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 tablet

Hey guys,
I'm experiencing something similar, but slightly different.
My partner and I are flying an I1 Pro with 2 controllers. He's the camera guy on the slave controller.
He gets really bad dropout if we're anywhere further than about 200' away. Not all the time, but a lot of the time. He is on a 2019 iPad 10.2" with 32gb.
The strange thing is that when I use that iPad to fly the drone, it works fine. But when it's hooked to the Slave controller, it's glitchy as hell. And since we have extra controllers, we've tried 2 different controllers with the same results... also tried different cables.
When he uses my Android Nexus 7, he still gets a lot of glitches, but not the huge black bars of the iPad.
So overall, while the Slave is getting lots of dropout, the Master looks great... no problems.
My firmware is already at 1.11.01.50+ so I can't roll back past 1.10 I guess.
I got in on the Master and selected Custom Channel just now, so I'll test that tomorrow, but selecting Custom on the Slave doesn't do anything.
any ideas?

Hey guys,
I'm experiencing something similar, but slightly different.
My partner and I are flying an I1 Pro with 2 controllers. He's the camera guy on the slave controller.
He gets really bad dropout if we're anywhere further than about 200' away. Not all the time, but a lot of the time. He is on a 2019 iPad 10.2" with 32gb.
The strange thing is that when I use that iPad to fly the drone, it works fine. But when it's hooked to the Slave controller, it's glitchy as hell. And since we have extra controllers, we've tried 2 different controllers with the same results... also tried different cables.
When he uses my Android Nexus 7, he still gets a lot of glitches, but not the huge black bars of the iPad.
So overall, while the Slave is getting lots of dropout, the Master looks great... no problems.
My firmware is already at 1.11.01.50+ so I can't roll back past 1.10 I guess.
I got in on the Master and selected Custom Channel just now, so I'll test that tomorrow, but selecting Custom on the Slave doesn't do anything.
any ideas?

I'm 100% sure it's your firmware version. But, as you stated, you can't roll that back, which is really too bad. v1.08.xx is really rock solid...a real pleasure to work with. Did you see my firmware video? It's pretty much highlights your experience exactly.

And, yes, the master controller selects the HD channel. The slave controller can not.

Are you utilizing the 32-channel hack? They may help. But without transmission power of the 1.08 version, it may not be much help.

You should post a screen shot of your HD page in the Go App. I would be interested in seeing how much interference you're getting.

D

Last edited:
I found changing the custom channel worked for sure, by changing time zone of tablet to USA, to open up more channels available. But I also cleaned the camera connectors (I did not replace them) from the camera inside the cockpit cowelling, there is two three or four pin leads. I found that helped me.. Sorry I can't recall what they're called, you need to remove the gimble plate etc to get to them.if u hold drone upside down and look under the cowelling you should see them.
I'm sure others know more than me but it was easy enough thing to try and my feed, granted to one controller, was spot on afterwards.
Absolutely no guarantee this is your problem.. But worked for me.

Rodger

I'm 100% sure it's your firmware version. But, as you stated, you can't roll that back, which is really too bad. v1.08.xx is really rock solid...a real pleasure to work with. Did you see my firmware video? It's pretty much highlights your experience exactly.

And, yes, the master controller selects the HD channel. The slave controller can not.

Are you utilizing the 32-channel hack? They may help. But without transmission power of the 1.08 version, it may not be much help.

You should post a screen shot of your HD page in the Go App. I would be interested in seeing how much interference you're getting.

D

I tried manual channel selection and got great results yesterday. I was flying at a different location, but was able to go out nearly a mile with no problems. Will try today at the location I was previously having issues so we have Apples to Apples.
I'll also grab that screenshot and post it
Thanks!
Russell

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla