Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 v2 x3 possible purchase help!

Reaction score
Hello all.

Im new to the inspire group but not new to the website.

I need help with a possible purchase of one of these birds.

There are two of these for sale locally near my place.

Package 1: 900usd

Inspire 1 version 2 with,
2x controllers
6x TB48 batteries
Propeller guards
VPS calibration card.
X3 camera with X3 mounting

Package 2: 1000 USD

3x controllers
5x TB48 and 1x TB47 batteries
ND filters
X3 camera with X5 mounting plate
Case is rough with lots of dents and big scratches. Seller says its like new but i doubt it.

Which of these should i purchase and if it even is wise to buy one.

Please help.

Hello all.

Im new to the inspire group but not new to the website.

I need help with a possible purchase of one of these birds.

There are two of these for sale locally near my place.

Package 1: 900usd

2x controllers
6x TB48 batteries
Propeller guards
VPS calibration card.
X3 camera with X3 mounting

Package 2: 1000 USD

3x controllers
5x TB48 and 1x TB47 batteries
ND filters
X3 camera with X5 mounting plate
Case is rough with lots of dents and big scratches. Seller says its like new but i doubt it.

Which of these should i purchase and if it even is wise to buy one.

Please help.
Version 2 came with the X5 mounting plate. If it doesn't have the X5 mounting plate, it is NOT version 2. I would pass on that one. Easy decision.

D

Check both out, ask if seller has Airdata reports. Also check each batter for how many times it has been charged, that will give you an idea of the amount of use the drone has had. I wouldn't be concerned about the case but obviously the condition of the drone.
If equal, second seems to be a better option.
Best of luck to you.

Reactions: droneloverinspire
Check both out, ask if seller has Airdata reports. Also check each batter for how many times it has been charged, that will give you an idea of the amount of use the drone has had. I wouldn't be concerned about the case but obviously the condition of the drone.
If equal, second seems to be a better option.
Best of luck to you.
Thanks

Im a bit of concered about the drone inside. I mean the drone is safe but the small sensetive electronics like the IMU and compass GPS dont appreciate shock and excessive vibrations.

Version 2 came with the X5 mounting plate. If it doesn't have the X5 mounting plate, it is NOT version 2. I would pass on that one. Easy decision.

D
Hmm.

Thats odd.

Iv seen version 2 still has the x3 gimbal with x3 cam and it even had the old camo looking pattern on t he arm instead of the newer diamond pattern.

One way to know if its version 2 is the trianglar shaped hinge just on the armputs if the drone the one that connects to the arm for raising and lowering.

Im still deciding guys.

I want to try it. But everytime i get excited, im always turned off with the idea that it only gives 10-15 minutes of battery.

Batteries can only be bought used or recelled.

Then theres the attention magnet.

And if ever id want the x5 camera, id have to buy that used on mpb.com.

Then i wont be able to sell it for the price i bought.

Im still deciding…..

Hmm.

Thats odd.

Iv seen version 2 still has the x3 gimbal with x3 cam and it even had the old camo looking pattern on t he arm instead of the newer diamond pattern.
I don't know what you mean by "diamond pattern," but while v2 comes with an X3 camera, it can accommodate the X5 camera out of the box. Conversely, the v1 cannot. The difference in the camera mount systems are pretty profound. I know, because I own both.

Here's version 1:
1655572828745.png

Here's version 2:
1655572882369.png

Both with an X3 camera, the difference in mounting systems is pretty profound.

D

The V2 also has extensions on the landing gear to accomodate the additional height of the X5 camera. The motors are also visibly larger. And, the Kwik Mount for the props is better. (And, Inspire 2 are better yet)

Batteries
You have various ways to determine battery life.

Charge completely, install it in the drone, power it and the remote controller on and in the DJI Go Aircraft Battery panel, check for number of charges and Total capacity. Then look across the voltages of each cell. If one is way different, that could mean trouble.

Number of charges is over rated, imo. That number gets advanced when there is less than 75% left and you charge the battery.

Then, with the battery out of the drone and off, press the button for five seconds. That will give you an indiction of "Battery Life". Look in the manual for what the Led's are telling you. This is one more indiction of what you might expect. This calculation is rather involved but is a fair measure of life left. It is rarely mentoned or used.

Batteries are tricky. The Manual has most of this in there, but sometimes not very clear.

My personal fear is, if, during flight, one cell is far different than the others, the firmware can shut the battery off and it falls out of the sky.

New batteries are available, but The Hunt can be lengthy.

I don't know what you mean by "diamond pattern," but while v2 comes with an X3 camera, it can accommodate the X5 camera out of the box. Conversely, the v1 cannot. The difference in the camera mount systems are pretty profound. I know, because I own both.

Here's version 1:
View attachment 32635

Here's version 2:
View attachment 32636

Both with an X3 camera, the difference in mounting systems is pretty profound.

D
The camo pattern and the diamond pattern is on the picture you just uploaded. Heheh.

On the version one om the pic you uploaded it has diamond pattern when most version one has camo pattern.

And the V2 on that pic has camo when it should have diamond pattern.
Iv seen such variations could be due to what they have at the time of assembly

The best way to see if its version 2 is the hinge just on the side of the drone body itself and offcourse the new locking mechanism of the motors.

Last edited:
The V2 also has extensions on the landing gear to accomodate the additional height of the X5 camera. The motors are also visibly larger. And, the Kwik Mount for the props is better. (And, Inspire 2 are better yet)

Batteries
You have various ways to determine battery life.

Charge completely, install it in the drone, power it and the remote controller on and in the DJI Go Aircraft Battery panel, check for number of charges and Total capacity. Then look across the voltages of each cell. If one is way different, that could mean trouble.

Number of charges is over rated, imo. That number gets advanced when there is less than 75% left and you charge the battery.

Then, with the battery out of the drone and off, press the button for five seconds. That will give you an indiction of "Battery Life". Look in the manual for what the Led's are telling you. This is one more indiction of what you might expect. This calculation is rather involved but is a fair measure of life left. It is rarely mentoned or used.

Batteries are tricky. The Manual has most of this in there, but sometimes not very clear.

My personal fear is, if, during flight, one cell is far different than the others, the firmware can shut the battery off and it falls out of the sky.

New batteries are available, but The Hunt can be lengthy.
Thats exactly what im trying to determine.

Yes so both drone offers sells with 6x batteries but at what condition, is unknown.

The big question would be, how fast can i find one used in really good price.

The prices used in ebay is like 250-400 dollars. Minus shipping and customs to my country Sweden.

Im still trying to decide if it is going to be a freakon money pit with mere 10-15mins flight….

Oh boy…

Thats exactly what im trying to determine.

Yes so both drone offers sells with 6x batteries but at what condition, is unknown.

The big question would be, how fast can i find one used in really good price.

The prices used in ebay is like 250-400 dollars. Minus shipping and customs to my country Sweden.

Im still trying to decide if it is going to be a freakon money pit with mere 10-15mins flight….

Oh boy…
A Thought ...

If you need the platform an Inspire provides, then that is an excellent platform. Imo, you have the era of the firmware that is quite old. And batteries. New are available. So that is an option.

Another option is to purchase one of the Dji units that is new(er). And buy a new one. With the advances, it may serve your needs just as well. The flight times will be better. Replacement parts are available as are new batteries. And maybe that will surprise you. Based on needs.

A Thought ...

If you need the platform an Inspire provides, then that is an excellent platform. Imo, you have the era of the firmware that is quite old. And batteries. New are available. So that is an option.

Another option is to purchase one of the Dji units that is new(er). And buy a new one. With the advances, it may serve your needs just as well. The flight times will be better. Replacement parts are available as are new batteries. And maybe that will surprise you. Based on needs.
You are right. I should actually be thinking of what i need not what i want.

I can afford it.

There is also an inspire 1 RAW with 3 batteries and its good as new. He bought it from a company for his own photography company but he lives at a different state.

1300 usd/euros is what he wants but i dont trust him enough shipping thru mail.

I prefer meet up.

Another would be a mavic 2 pro, then next month the zoom.

Those are my second options.

You are right. I should actually be thinking of what i need not what i want.

I can afford it.

There is also an inspire 1 RAW with 3 batteries and its good as new. He bought it from a company for his own photography company but he lives at a different state.

1300 usd/euros is what he wants but i dont trust him enough shipping thru mail.

I prefer meet up.

Another would be a mavic 2 pro, then next month the zoom.

Those are my second options.
Consider a new unit. All things will be current. Parts and batteries available. Features that are not available on older units, you will find here.
And if, you can make money with that, make more and upgrade at some point in time.

Consider a new unit. All things will be current. Parts and batteries available. Features that are not available on older units, you will find here.
And if, you can make money with that, make more and upgrade at some point in time.

Thanks.

Iv made up my mind. Im going for the mavic 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters