Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 V2 + Zenmuse Z3 - Gimbal Disconnected

Reaction score
Hi friends, I bought an Inspire 1 V2 without a camera, and bought the Zenmuse Z3 separately. I connected the drone and the camera does not move, it does not give a video signal.
The previous owner used the zenmuse x5 on it, and I bought the zemnuse Z3.

Do I need to swap that gimbal support to work or can the same X5 support use Z3?

I tested zemnuse Z3 on osmo and it is working normal, but on drone no.

I made the update of the control, then I received the aircraft firmware warning, I downloaded on the DJI website the firmware inspire 1 Zenmuse Z3 I put it in the memory card, I inserted it in the drone and I turned on the drone only, as the camera does not move I think it can not read the file.

Is there any other way to update the inspire firmware?

Please help me!!

tried any other camera on your bird? have access to another? I am assuming the Z3 is used, maybe the problem is the camera, just saying

I would check the mount, flat cables etc also. Look carefully at each connector on the gimble plate to make sure none are bent etc. Trying another camera on your I1 as mentioned, would also eliminate a connection issue.

tried any other camera on your bird? have access to another? I am assuming the Z3 is used, maybe the problem is the camera, just saying

I believe it's not a problem on z3, it works normally on osmo. I could not get another camera to test on the drone.

I would check the mount, flat cables etc also. Look carefully at each connector on the gimble plate to make sure none are bent etc. Trying another camera on your I1 as mentioned, would also eliminate a connection issue.

the question is, does zenmuse z3 work on the gimbal set of x5? one person told me that they would have to change the gimbal set to the x3 set because the connectors would be different. I do not know if it will proceed. see the pictures. The drone has the gimbal set of x5.

I have an X5R that has always worked flawlessly on the OSMO but has connection issues on the bird to this day, a bird that worked fine with my old X5, I don't think the OSMO is a good gauge in this instance, Maybe the fact that the connectors are inserted, meaning the camera over the OSMO and hanging under the bird. I have searched for a post here that talks about loosening the screws on the camera connector possibly allowing it to come up more and solidifying the contact, I still haven't done it, but last time I flew I had intermittent connection problems not related to distance, so I and others obviously have found this to be a possible weak link on the camera connector design. My suggestion to try another camera is just an easy way to see if the trouble resides on the camera side or the bird side, of course if you have access to another camera. Where are you located?

the question is, does zenmuse z3 work on the gimbal set of x5? one person told me that they would have to change the gimbal set to the x3 set because the connectors would be different. I do not know if it will proceed. see the pictures. The drone has the gimbal set of x5.
the connectors are the same, for all compatible cameras only difference is the suapencion mount

I have an X5R that has always worked flawlessly on the OSMO but has connection issues on the bird to this day, a bird that worked fine with my old X5, I don't think the OSMO is a good gauge in this instance, Maybe the fact that the connectors are inserted, meaning the camera over the OSMO and hanging under the bird. I have searched for a post here that talks about loosening the screws on the camera connector possibly allowing it to come up more and solidifying the contact, I still haven't done it, but last time I flew I had intermittent connection problems not related to distance, so I and others obviously have found this to be a possible weak link on the camera connector design. My suggestion to try another camera is just an easy way to see if the trouble resides on the camera side or the bird side, of course if you have access to another camera. Where are you located?
The strange thing is that the camera does not move when the drone is turned on. already tried this option to loosen the screws, the same problem continues. Brazil

All the more reason to try another camera, see if there is a total disconnect before you have to start taking the bird apart. I'm too lazy to scroll up, is there an image from the camera on your control devise at all? Are there any rental joints that could provide you with an X5 since that is the camera originally on the craft, if I remember correctly.

Hi friends, I bought an Inspire 1 V2 without a camera, and bought the Zenmuse Z3 separately. I connected the drone and the camera does not move, it does not give a video signal.
The previous owner used the zenmuse x5 on it, and I bought the zemnuse Z3.

Do I need to swap that gimbal support to work or can the same X5 support use Z3?

I tested zemnuse Z3 on osmo and it is working normal, but on drone no.

I made the update of the control, then I received the aircraft firmware warning, I downloaded on the DJI website the firmware inspire 1 Zenmuse Z3 I put it in the memory card, I inserted it in the drone and I turned on the drone only, as the camera does not move I think it can not read the file.

Is there any other way to update the inspire firmware?

Please help me!!

Hi ... i also bought I1 V2 with no camera , fortunately able to buy a Z3 and been using for almost a year , recently i bought the X5 from the original owner of the I1 V2 , with the gimbal adaptor and so happy with result , i suggest remove the X5 gimbal adaptor when using the Z3 .

Hi ... i also bought I1 V2 with no camera , fortunately able to buy a Z3 and been using for almost a year , recently i bought the X5 from the original owner of the I1 V2 , with the gimbal adaptor and so happy with result , i suggest remove the X5 gimbal adaptor when using the Z3 .
You do mean, X5 adaptor for an OSMO don't you? what gimbal adaptor on the I2?

In order to attach the X5 cam there is a an adaptor dedicated for I1 V2 and separate for osmo , i suggest check if there is an adaptor connected to Inspire , you can directly attached the Z3 to Inspire.

Switch the inspire to travel mode to storage mode or vice versa and then slap on the x3. Sometimes the leaf need a reset

I have inspire 1v2 pro. I use the Z3 and the x5 interchangeably with out any change to adaptors. The Z3 should work fine. I'm thinking about selling x5 since I dont use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi