Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 vs Inspire 1 Pro

Its a well known and documented fact that TB48 are not permitted as carry on luggage. TB47 is what is acceptable, that is why DJI made the TB47 so it was within airline and aviation restrictions.

Well, that's not a "well known and documented fact" if you consider this:

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_or...edia/faa_airline_passengers_and_batteries.pdf

Just be aware that this is for the US (and subject to airline approval, so I suggest checking with your carrier before you fly). These FAA guidelines generally comply with ICAO rules, but there are many countries (and airports within those countries) that further restrict what can be carried in the cabin, so it's best to always check first, fly later.

These are exactly the same time figures with my I1.

BTW, an extremely useful information I got from an I1 owner from Belgium (I met him in Crete island in Greece) is that the airport authorities in Europe didn't let him carry the TB48 batteries in the airplane as the max allowed battery power permitted is below 100 Wh. TB47 has 99.90Wh while TB48 has 129.96Wh. SO, he left his bird back home, as he had 5 TB48!

That is not true. The legislation is very clear on this, and i have just flown Norway to UK and back again...

For clarification you can carry 2 TB48's but not in the i1, the i1 has to be checked and the batteries have to be in hand luggage... I flew with 2 TB48's and 4 TB47's as the 47's are 99.9 they are not rated and you can carry as many as you can. The reason they where made at this rating was so you could fly with them and that is the only reason... You could technically fly with 20 of them in hand luggage with no issues...

Reactions: GB44
Okay so now there is no upgrades at all on the Pro version except the higher landing feet, not even the higher KV motors?

I was skeptical to the Lightbridge 2 as stated on the DJI forums.

Reactions: IrishSights
DJI customer service people know very little or anything. I just about pulled my hair out trying to get them to understand and verify what Revision was on the boxes, A,B,C,D... So from what I've heard, slightly better KV motors, heels, and landing gear changes. There could be more but that is all that has been verified.

Okay so now there is no upgrades at all on the Pro version except the higher landing feet, not even the higher KV motors?

I was skeptical to the Lightbridge 2 as stated on the DJI forums.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
DJI customer service people know very little or anything. I just about pulled my hair out trying to get them to understand and verify what Revision was on the boxes, A,B,C,D... So from what I've heard, slightly better KV motors, heels, and landing gear changes. There could be more but that is all that has been verified.
Where has this been verified at exactly? I've seen no official sources for any of it other than landing gear taller for more clearance

It might not have been publicly announced, but from some of the comments and feedback from Bladestrike on the Inspire Owners Thread on rcgroups. We may not know for sure all the enhancements until they actually start shipping these out.

Where has this been verified at exactly? I've seen no official sources for any of it other than landing gear taller for more clearance

That is not true. The legislation is very clear on this, and i have just flown Norway to UK and back again...

For clarification you can carry 2 TB48's but not in the i1, the i1 has to be checked and the batteries have to be in hand luggage... I flew with 2 TB48's and 4 TB47's as the 47's are 99.9 they are not rated and you can carry as many as you can. The reason they where made at this rating was so you could fly with them and that is the only reason... You could technically fly with 20 of them in hand luggage with no issues...

The only official document I found clearly states that it depends on the airline's policy, as far as batteries above 100Wh are concerned.

http://www.iata.org/whatwedo/cargo/dgr/Documents/lithium-battery-guidance-document-2015-en.pdf
(Search for text "100 Wh")
Page 13 says:

There is also provision, with the approval of the airline, for larger lithium ion batteries with a watt-hour rating in excess of 100 Wh, but not more than 160 Wh in equipment and no more than two spare lithium ion batteries as set out in subparagraph 2.3.3.2 as follows:....

As a result, if and only if the airline permits it, then the same rules of FAA applies (100-160Wh, max 2 spares)

Just buy some TB47 stickers for USD 2,- each and put them on the TB 48 and problem solved :p dont break your head over stupid regulations think of positive and useful things for your hobby. Who pays you for the time thinking over such crap?

Hello guys. After 3 months from last post, something changes between Inspire Pro and Inspire V2? I in doubt to order Inspire V2 (wirh LB 1080p streaming) and order a separeted X5, or order a Inspire Pro and X3 separeted. What differences between my choices? High KV motors get less flightime?
Tks a lot
Mzz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84