Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 went swimming

There is a lag in the RTH that I have noticed... if your in trouble... It's not a parachute
I was obviously too late hitting RTH I guess but I dont understand why it simply didn't hover when i took the hands of the sticks to work out where I was. A observer said it was moving sideways when he saw it hit the wall. Oh well... nothing I can do now. Its gone. I have to buy another. I need to for my work. Im flying a P3 now but cant use that for paid work. Clients think they are toys.

I just don't know why you would use RTH outside of a complete loss of communication and/or control. Not sure where it is, get altitude, use your map, and navigate back to you using FPV to avoid obstacles.

I just don't know why you would use RTH outside of a complete loss of communication and/or control. Not sure where it is, get altitude, use your map, and navigate back to you using FPV to avoid obstacles.
Yes.. I still maintain I had my hands off the sticks while I was working out where it was. It wasn't that far away. I should have been able to see it but it wasn't where it should have been. I should have gained altitude. I think I had the camera panning away from the nose so when i thought it was coming home it was actually going sideways while the cam was facing me. i double I will do that again. Its easier to yaw the drone than just the camera.

Sorry on this Dennis. I have had times I have looked at the screen, looked back at the rig and it wasn't where I thought it was. Scared I would panic a little. So anyone saying to do this it is very hard when there in your shoes.

Sorry on this Dennis. I have had times I have looked at the screen, looked back at the rig and it wasn't where I thought it was. Scared I would panic a little. So anyone saying to do this it is very hard when there in your shoes.
Thanks. I should have been able to see it but it wasn't where it should be. One things for sure... I will never fly out of LOS again. Its heartbreaking and the drone is new,. I have to buy another now.

I can only say one positive thing.....you said you can buy another one...If that happened to me I couldn't do that at the moment..:)
I need to buy another because I use it for my work. If it was a hobby, I wouldn't. I have p3 so Im still going. did you sell your parts? I figure i can use mine for training without a camera and gimble if I just had a few parts. I fired it up tonight and all runs well. The struts are broken.
I need a
DJI Inspire 1 Camera Drone WM610 Part 10 Right Strut/Carbon Fiber Boom/Lever Arm and the left and right legs
Right and left Arm Assembly Carbon Fibre Frame Main Frame Booms

Last edited:
When I bought my Inspire from Aerial Media Pros, they mentioned the zipper and someone getting stuck on location with a stuck zipper. They had to cut the case open :) I ended up springing for an aftermarket Pelican case they had cut that works well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk