Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 with X5 with Panasonic 45-175mm zoom lens ?

Reaction score
Hello, I am a fresh owner of Inpire 1 v2.0 with an X5 camera. The latest firmware.
I would like to ask if the X5 in combination with the Panasonic 45-175mm lens can change the focal length using the lens motor from the DJI GO app? Because the autofocus does not work with this lens due to the latest firmware updates, I already know.

greetings

Reaction score
Some time ago I met information in several places that on older firmware in X5 it supported AF much better with non-dedicated lenses. Then DJI turned off this support in its own style and now you have to focus manually :( I hate them for that.

Reaction score
I would think the delicate balance of the gimbal would be upset by the changing geometry of the lens courtesy the moving glass. Let us know how it turns out.

D

Reaction score
I've done this and it requires quite a bit of balancing. Would be easier with something heavier than lead. Gold would be perfect!

After its balanced, I haven't seen any problems, the gimbal seems happy. Video is nearly impossible due to vibrations, but photos work well. The main problem is focusing properly.

Reaction score
Reactions: mikieh51
Reaction score
Ha! Well, while the added weight is indeed significant it still pales in comparison to the overall weight of the I1. I've not noticed a difference in flying time (I'm sure there is some), but I haven't really tested.

Reaction score
I've done this and it requires quite a bit of balancing. Would be easier with something heavier than lead. Gold would be perfect!

After its balanced, I haven't seen any problems, the gimbal seems happy. Video is nearly impossible due to vibrations, but photos work well. The main problem is focusing properly.
thanks for the info. Platinum and Uranus are heavier than lead :) I need this set only for photos, I guess the gimbal will not keep it smooth for the movie.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiannTaich