Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 X3 camera shudder

Reaction score
Hello,

Just upgraded to an Inspire 1 v2.0 after flying a P3A for quite some time. So far I am loving the power and high wind stability of the Inspire, although I've noticed that the Zenmuse X3 tends to create a shudder effect making a maneuver when the drone's roll and the camera's yaw is counter to each other. During these instances the message "Max Gimbal Roll Movement Limit Reached" displays on the DJI Go app. Is this just some kind of design limitation of the Inspire or is there something that needs to be fixed? I've done these maneuvers a lot of times on the P3A and I never got this issue.

Here's a sample video for reference (shuddering starts at 0:27):

I was getting similar results in extremely high wind gusts (50km/h), but with X5R camera which is with much heavier and less aerodynamic profile compared to the X3. So my question is what was the wind profile at the time of flying, what was wind direction related to ship's movement and what was the speed of flying? In the video it looks the smoke is moving from port to starboard side of the ship and the ship is not moving slow either, it's difficult to estimate from the video what speed is that. Usually if you are flying within the recommended limits it should be smooth as butter. Keep in mind that Phantom's camera is much closer to the body which helps in such conditions while the inspire's camera hangs much lower from the body and is more exposed to wind.

I was getting similar results in extremely high wind gusts (50km/h), but with X5R camera which is with much heavier and less aerodynamic profile compared to the X3. So my question is what was the wind profile at the time of flying, what was wind direction related to ship's movement and what was the speed of flying? In the video it looks the smoke is moving from port to starboard side of the ship and the ship is not moving slow either, it's difficult to estimate from the video what speed is that. Usually if you are flying within the recommended limits it should be smooth as butter. Keep in mind that Phantom's camera is much closer to the body which helps in such conditions while the inspire's camera hangs much lower from the body and is more exposed to wind.
Hi, thanks for the response.

The ship's forward speed at that time was around 8 knots (approx 14 kph) and yes the wind direction was going east based on the ship's movement. I wouldn't say the wind gusts were that strong, I'd probably give an estimate of around 8-10 kph and my recorded horizontal speed was around 33-35 kph. I also thought that during the maneuver (was about to circle around her bow area) the Inspire was against the wind so it could be a possible culprit to the shudder. This issue also happens at times when I fly the drone rolling left/right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont