Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 + Z30

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently been investigating the compatibility of the Inspire 1 pro and the Z30 as this is an application that interests me.
I've been in coms with DJI tech support via email and they ensure me that the Z30 is not compatible with the Inspire series, but only with the Matrice series, so I replied back asking for a more technical answer, as I might even consider engineering a solution at my end, but I'm yet do receive a reply.

Is anyone aware of any technical reasons why the Z30 is not compatible and whether there might be a solution if it's just an adaptor issue?

I believe the Z30 is only 30(ish) grams heavier than the X5, so weight is not an issue. Is the issue with the communications between the flight controller (as the Matrice series can be loaded with all the Inspire gimbals, so why no backwards compatibility)? Or is the issue strictly a gimbal adapter configuration ?

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts as I'm really interested to get this working.

Kind regards,
Brad Cooper

I'm no expert, so I'm prepared to be enlightened if someone has a more experienced opinion. But imho I think it's not compatible on purpose through the software. The same reason why the z3 doesn't work on the original Osmo even though it has the same sensor as the x3. DJI is not aiming to make equipment fully compatible with each other. They want you to buy more stuff. Otherwise, the matrice would be irrelevant, especially with the inspire2, it would completely eliminate the need for the matrice if everything was interchangeable.

Also we can't just buy the inspire 2 airframe and use the x5r or x5, got to start from scratch depending on what cameras you need to use.

Can't wait to see some real competition come into the market, that's when things will get interesting. It probably won't be anytime soon though

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Yeh that sucks.. The only thing keeping the Matrice alive is payload and redundancy - makes it very easy to build safety cases for high risk work, apart from that the Inspire2 would be my perfect option if I could mount a Z30.. but in saying that, $8-9k for a 30x optical zoom camera? I can put a decent lens on my MFT camera on the inspire and get away with better quality pics that can also be digitally zoomed in post, all for a fraction of the price of the Z30 :\

Dam DJI for locking us into platforms :(

DJI is in the business of manufacturing cutting edge technology and as such needs to drain your wallet of every available dollar to maintain operation cost...they make no complaints of it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markus_Walker77