Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 and Spot Light Pro feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm new to DJI products and the Inspire 2. I saw several videos of "pre-release" I2's on the Youtubes and such and they talked about Spot Light Pro and other advanced features. So multi-parter and I apologize if i didn't research enough prior to post, but.....

Are these options already available and I just need to unlock them in some menu - or are they still not available?

If they are available could anyone be so kind to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

-Joe

Spotlight Pro is available in the DJI Go 4 app. It works very well.

Here is a quick clip from earlier this week testing Spotlight Pro. It is best if you set focus and switch the Gimbal to free mode before enabling Spotlight.

Have you updated your firmware and the app to the current versions? Is the drone powerd on and connected to the app?

I recieved the I2 last Wednesday and spent the day upgrading the firmware per DJI videos. At least all the firmware it detected needing upgraded. I am not at the drone ATM but will be in a few hours. I have flown about 10 flights or 5 cycles of my two sets of batteries. I have not been alerted to additional firmware (through the app) but I cant say I went through searching specifically for it.

Interesting. I've only used spot light pro for a static object, not moving. How did you do that?

Interesting. I've only used spot light pro for a static object, not moving. How did you do that?

Hi Nick,

Spotlight is amazing for moving objects. It is not extremely well explained in the manual but I believe Quick mode is best for still objects and Composition mode is for moving objects. With composition mode you are dragging a rectangle in the DJI Go App in an area that you predict the moving subject will enter. When the subject enters the rectangle you have drawn you press C2 and spotlight locks on to and follows the subject. I believe it does it this way to first isolate what the non-subject background looks like and then to distinguish the subject from that when it is added. It will manage changes is direction of both the subject or the drone. The drone can be in any position provided that it is in free mode. I am very impressed by this feature.

What seems to work best is to hover and use the gimbal controls the find the subject (not always easy), focus on the subject first and make sure you are in free mode on the gimbal. It is hard to correct these two things once spotlight is active. Then adjust the gimbal so that you will be able to draw your box in front of the moving subject and in an area in the frame that will appeal to you. Then tap the spotlight icon, select composition mode and wait for your subject to enter. This takes a bit of planning to get started but once tracking is established it is very impressive.

Last edited:
HMM, ok. I DO have Spotlight Pro. I was thinking it was under the Advanced Flight Mode for some reason. But there it is..... In front of my face.....

I'm new to DJI products and the Inspire 2. I saw several videos of "pre-release" I2's on the Youtubes and such and they talked about Spot Light Pro and other advanced features. So multi-parter and I apologize if i didn't research enough prior to post, but.....

Are these options already available and I just need to unlock them in some menu - or are they still not available?

If they are available could anyone be so kind to point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

-Joe
Spotlight pro
Spotlight Pro Mode
Spotlight Pro Test
Spotlight Pro Discussion

Think there's probably enough threads running on Spotlight Pro so will close this one.

Please continue in one of the links above....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris.thedude