Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 arrived yesterday with a rattly rotor blade housing!

Reaction score
Hi
if there is anybody in the UK thinking about ordering a drone I can reckon strongly recommend dronesforless.co.uk. Yesterday I took delivery of an inspire two but it had a rattly rotor housing so I got straight onto DFL and they are sending out a replacement which should arrive by Wednesday next week.

Also is it worth getting the DJI care on top of having insurance?

Thanks

I wish I could change the title of this post but changed it from a whinge to a company referral

Last edited:
YES YES YES... there are a number of issues that could cause major damage to the I2. With refresh you can sleep easy it will be replaced. Don't get me wrong i love my I2 but its a new product and still at initial release of firmware. So for the 10% cost i think its good value.

I have read somewhere on here that if you get the DJI care/refresh you are not able to use third-party apps like litchi. Is that the case?

Not true... i cant find any mention about 3rd party restrictions. I use a number that complements my needs including Litchi.

Refresh is to replace the broken I2 should you be so unlucky. I have checked the flight log information and it does not include any information on what the flight control software is. BUT i don't think litchi is a good choice until they update their software. Check the compatibility you will find I2 is in doubt.

as for the rattle DJI are fully aware... new prop and housing are being made.. but these are Chinese so will never admit they are wrong. there are some new mark 3 props and goal posts being made as we speak. watch these posts you will hear when a formal fix is available. nothing serious i have fixed my rattle with foam and shim on the goal post and now on flight number 35 and still happy

Insurance is not to fix the I2 its to protect you from indemnity when things go wrong. i only know of DJI that will fix the I2 if it gets broken what ever the cause

the only downside is if it gets lost.. they wont fix it... so fly aways can cost a lot of money. i fixed mine by flying with a GPS tracker fitted.

What is exactly rattling . Does it sound like a bad bearing or if you touch the leg while props are spinning on ground at idle does it stop .

Which GPS tracker did you use?

Would you say a parachute system is worth the money as well?

this is the one i use it only a few grams and fitted with velcro so i can switch to other battery sets

Attachments

• IMG_5962.JPG
    IMG_5962.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8687.JPG
    IMG_8687.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 39
Hi
if there is anybody in the UK thinking about ordering a drone I can reckon strongly recommend dronesforless.co.uk. Yesterday I took delivery of an inspire two but it had a rattly rotor housing so I got straight onto DFL and they are sending out a replacement which should arrive by Wednesday next week.

Also is it worth getting the DJI care on top of having insurance?

Thanks

I wish I could change the title of this post but changed it from a whinge to a company referral
OK, can we please keep threads on topic?

So far this thread has been about rattling props which there is already a long thread running here.....
Problems with "red Colour Props"
Then you have gone off at a tangent asking about
  • Insurance
  • DJI Care Refresh
  • GPS Trackers
  • Parachutes
  • 3rd Party apps and warranty
This gets very messy very quickly
Can everybody stay on topic as best they can please.

If your rattling issue is the red prop related known problem then I will lock this one as we have a long established thread as mentioned above.

Thanks

Sorry I don't get what the problem is by diversifying a thread as long as the person who started the thread gets the answers they need. By diversifying a thread it stops the need to open multiple threads and cluttering up the forum

Sorry I don't get what the problem is by diversifying a thread as long as the person who started the thread gets the answers they need. By diversifying a thread it stops the need to open multiple threads and cluttering up the forum
Because it makes a thread go off topic.
It might be nice and easy for you to ask multiple questions but it isn't for other forum users who maybe searching for a specific subject.
In order to stop multiple threads being opened we ask that people search first to see if one already exists (like your question regarding the I2 rattle)
Another example is you have asked a question on this thread about parachutes and yet you have already started a thread specifically to ask that question here....Parachute system for I2

On topic only please.......

Reactions: Viper Pilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william76931