Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 backpack - landing mode?

Hi guys,

Any info on a new backpack (or lightweight case) for the Inspire 2 in landing mode?

I know that HPRC has 2 different heavy cases for it but I'm looking for a lightweight one like this (but for i2):

InsPak - Strongest Weatherproof EVA Hardshell Backpack for DJI Inspire 1 Black with Gimbal Lock

Until InsPak get the case ready i have been using this cheap and light weight backpack

can be found on Ebay... can be used in landing mode or transport mode. I do a lot of hiking so i prefer transport mode and use landing mode when im climbing

IMG_0101.JPG

IMG_0099.JPG

Until InsPak get the case ready i have been using this cheap and light weight backpack

can be found on Ebay... can be used in landing mode or transport mode. I do a lot of hiking so i prefer transport mode and use landing mode when im climbing
Could you share the link to this backpack?

I use a c11 for my i2. Fits great and even comes with a rain cover in case you're out and the water starts falling. Like the other bags posted it is made for the i1 but fits perfectly. It also feels extra secure with 4 straps and 4 surrounding zippers. Good solid back support and for how small it is it can pack quite a bit of gear. My only gripe is how the controller is stored outside the bag.

I use a c11 for my i2. Fits great and even comes with a rain cover in case you're out and the water starts falling. Like the other bags posted it is made for the i1 but fits perfectly. It also feels extra secure with 4 straps and 4 surrounding zippers. Good solid back support and for how small it is it can pack quite a bit of gear. My only gripe is how the controller is stored outside the bag.
The only thing that scares me is if your hiking and snag a branch on the I2 landing gear, snap and off it can go.

FYI...

I'm in the process of designing an all new backpack for the Inspire 2 (Love mine!!!). I have some needs though, that I haven't seen met with any other backpack or systems.

These are:
I am a professional travel photographer, and need to get around with my drone, and my camera gear... lots of camera gear.
It would also be great to be able to bring additional clothing layers for weather.
Light is good.
I'd like to be able to only have 1 pack for all of this (Yeah... huge pack!)

Anyway, I am an American, but live in southern China (Dongguan, where most of these things are made, or at least parts are made for them.) and have begun sourcing materials and have a tentative design prepped.

My request from you is what additional features are you interested in? I don't want to give out too much design info as of yet, but the bag I've designed can be used for just about anything! Not just photography, or drones (In fact, the sticking point in the design currently is that I'm trying to get it to fit a Phantom as well (Not at the same time, but with a different insert... shhhhhh I've said too much.), but for hiking, backpacking, daily use. There will be 2 sizes as well.

Anyway, I appreciate your answers.

FYI...

I'm in the process of designing an all new backpack for the Inspire 2 (Love mine!!!). I have some needs though, that I haven't seen met with any other backpack or systems.

These are:
I am a professional travel photographer, and need to get around with my drone, and my camera gear... lots of camera gear.
It would also be great to be able to bring additional clothing layers for weather.
Light is good.
I'd like to be able to only have 1 pack for all of this (Yeah... huge pack!)

Anyway, I am an American, but live in southern China (Dongguan, where most of these things are made, or at least parts are made for them.) and have begun sourcing materials and have a tentative design prepped.

My request from you is what additional features are you interested in? I don't want to give out too much design info as of yet, but the bag I've designed can be used for just about anything! Not just photography, or drones (In fact, the sticking point in the design currently is that I'm trying to get it to fit a Phantom as well (Not at the same time, but with a different insert... shhhhhh I've said too much.), but for hiking, backpacking, daily use. There will be 2 sizes as well.

Anyway, I appreciate your answers.
Good morning and welcome to the forum.
Could you please take a look at our community rules regarding signatures within posts and adjust yours accordingly?
Thank You

Glad I see someone using a C11 for the i2 = Just ordered mine right now (C11 New Backpack)

I wonder if this is the new edition as the Grey one is the one that has reviews but they do look the same. Getting mine this weekend!

My only concern would be is the legs of the Inspire are over exposed beyond the lateral extent (width) of the person and could easily get hung up on objects and damage the aircraft...ie: tree branches, fencing, passing people, etc....IMHO, I'd have to pass on this pack system.

My only concern would be is the legs of the Inspire are over exposed beyond the lateral extent (width) of the person and could easily get hung up on objects and damage the aircraft...ie: tree branches, fencing, passing people, etc....IMHO, I'd have to pass on this pack system.

Well it would require a bit of common sense on your part to pay attention to where you are going. Not really that hard to do.

Reactions: dkotinsky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
examdumps1