Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 batteries on Inspire 1?

Reaction score
Sorry, I did a search and didn't see anything here already, so I'll ask - has anyone came up with a full conversion to use two Inspire 2 batteries in an inspire 1?

I could gen up something on my 3D printer, I guess.

Kev

Sorry, I did a search and didn't see anything here already, so I'll ask - has anyone came up with a full conversion to use two Inspire 2 batteries in an inspire 1?

I could gen up something on my 3D printer, I guess.

Kev
No
There would be no data exchange between the two which the firmware will see as faulty packs. There would also be no telemetry so even if you could get it going you wouldnt know how depleted your pack(s) were.

Roger that.

What does the oft-advertised addition of two 6S cells do to the CG of the aircraft? Seems to be too much weight. Thoughts?

Kev

The question is, what benefits are seen with the conversion, as far as I've seen on YT videos, the time increase is minimal and the added batteries are never really taken advantage off as the craft still goes into failsafe with the extra batteries at 50% or higher. Have I missed something?

If the batteries are simply parallel, there is still a benefit from a longer flight, but for the best result, the "external fuel tanks" would have to empty first. There would have to be a monitoring circuit on the extra batteries that allows them to run low first and then cuts them off and allows the main battery to take over. The bad side of this is if you were to fly too far away for the main battery to get you back to home, you'd be screwed.

So if you are running two 6800mah 6S external cells, in a perfect world they would all reach 50% as well as the main battery at the same time so you could RTB from your distant spot you have flown to. There is a benefit.

For me, if I'm taking pictures of a distant storm and the aircraft is in a hover 300' up and 200' in front of me and the batteries hit 50%, I'll RTB when they hit 20%, so it also depends on the application you're performing.

OK how much total flight time are you getting with the 2 extra batteries and what is monitoring and managing the distribution of power?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StarHarris