Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Battery Failures

Reaction score
Website
www.dronetechaerial.com
Hey All,
So I just sent in the 5th TB50 pack that has suffered from a dropped cell (0.3v less than others on average). Battery wont take a charge wont let me take off. This particular battery had 29 cycles on it, the other 4 were between 15-40 cycles. I have owned 30 packs and so I feel like I am getting pretty high failure rate. I usually am landing between 15-20% at worst most times between 20-30%. Anyone getting it as bad as me?

Anyone have suggestions on recovering the packs if you get a low cell. On the last two I just left the aircraft on until it quit on its own to attempt a deep cycle, it has proven unsuccessful twice.

Also I provided a receipt to DJI using my most recent purchase of a battery that was within 6 months. I was told that the receipt was incorrect since they claimed that the battery was "activated" in July 2017. So just FYI I guess they have activation dates for the battery. They have done a good job closing up warranty loopholes with that idea.

I know that the Lipos are basically a consumable, but for $170 a piece I believe they should do better than 1 year and 30 cycles for as "Smart" as they claim to be.

Have you updated to the latest firmware. including battery firmware.

DJI release notes claim they have solved this issue.

Updated battery firmware to optimize the cell voltage balance, which can fix the issue where battery cell abnormalities appears when cell voltage imbalance is detected. Keep the updated battery stationary for at least 72 hours and then check the abnormality again by installing the battery in the aircraft. Contact DJI Support if the issue cannot be solved by updating.

I just updated two days ago, and turned the battery in three weeks ago. I guess this may have been an update worth adopting early. Has anyone recovered a battery by updating and waiting like described in the release notes?

Yip, Had a battery that came off the shelf in May2018, manuf date round June 2017, had this problem - after upgrade of craft firmware, still did not work, redone the upgrade with DJI assistant 2 ( downloaded specifically from INspire 2 support page AFTER logging in) and restored the battery perfectly. When you load other batteries after upgrade it is going to indicate firmware discrepancies and you have to upgrade those battery firmware as well, couple of minutes, working

I just updated two days ago, and turned the battery in three weeks ago. I guess this may have been an update worth adopting early. Has anyone recovered a battery by updating and waiting like described in the release notes?

I purchased Inspire 2 in October 2017 with two sets batteries. The batteries were fine until I performed the update in the latter part of May. I performed the update with my one set of batteries. Then I replace the batteries in performed an update again with the other set of batteries I allowed the batteries to rest 72 hours after the update.
Immediately after the updates one of the four batteries started giving me a low percentage while flying which resulted in a battery error that forced me to land. Upon landing I found that the actual battery voltages as shown in the DJI Go 4 App were the same as those of the other battery.
After recharging the error Reoccurring occasionally [one in four flights]
Purchase the new battery to replace it, then paired the new battery with the good one of the old set, and then ran the update to make sure both batteries had the same firmware.
Now the other battery has the same symptoms, it reads a low percentage even though the cell voltages are consistent with those of a good battery.
What may or may not be related, my Inspire 2 started spinning uncontrollably while it was at 120 feet.. [That was scary and The outcome was not good]
I sent the unit in to DJI along with the, Cendence Controller; two battery sets and the flight data to see if they could determine what caused the uncontrolled spinning.

Nothing but trouble since updating the firmware in late May.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet