Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 - Battery mod - HELP

I don't know what's your concept, but this is what I've done without modifying any wirings. These 3 cables is all you need, plus antenna pads of course. Remember to monitor battery capacity somehow, popular hobby tester works fine, miniature LED voltmeter as well ...
View attachment 28330View attachment 28331View attachment 28332
Matthew
What are you using to get the 6 cell balance info from your batteries? (Balance connector) Or are you just supplying 25.4+ volts to the circuit

Matthew
What are you using to get the 6 cell balance info from your batteries? (Balance connector) Or are you just supplying 25.4+ volts to the circuit
Richard, it doesn't really matter in this application. Standard 6S (22.2V) Lipo is charged and balanced as usual, all I must control is the voltage to not drain battery too low. I'm actually using my old retired TB47 to power this rig directly, bypassing telemetry circuitry. Here I have blinking green LEDs to watch remaining power. With standard LiPo I will use something like this:
batt capacity tester.jpg
... or, once the low voltage is established, even this simple LED voltmeter will do:
voltmeter.jpg
... to monitor battery like this, which will provide power for hours ...
841850124887.02.jpg

Attachments

• venom_group_25152_30c_6s_1_300mah_lipo_1484639208_1234055.jpg
    venom_group_25152_30c_6s_1_300mah_lipo_1484639208_1234055.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Richard, it doesn't really matter in this application. Standard 6S (22.2V) Lipo is charged and balanced as usual, all I must control is the voltage to not drain battery too low. I'm actually using my old retired TB47 to power my rig directly, bypassing the whole telemetry circuitry. Here I have blinking green LEDs to watch remaining power. With standard LiPo I will use something like this:
Okay, I get it. As long as you are looking at Venom batteries they offer HV series also
But like you said you only need to watch the discharge rate.
this is a awesome battery checker

Okay, I get it. As long as you are looking at Venom batteries they offer HV series also

Sure it is, but Amazon went mad with pricing :rolleyes: ...

Sure it is, but Amazon went mad with pricing :rolleyes: ...

Very nice rig you have. I'm working on something similar but the only thing I can't baypass is the need of two i2 radios to be powerd on in order to have full control over the gimbal like in two man op while flying the i2 where the camera op can controll the gimbal by the stick on slave radio, is there a way to have gimbal control with the sticks with only one radio powered on?

Very nice rig you have. I'm working on something similar but the only thing I can't baypass is the need of two i2 radios to be powerd on in order to have full control over the gimbal like in two man op while flying the i2 where the camera op can controll the gimbal by the stick on slave radio, is there a way to have gimbal control with the sticks with only one radio powered on?
This is certainly the way to work with this camera, as with any professional filming camera. Unfortunately it's not possible to stick-control the gimbal with one RC only. Single setup with Cendence controller will allow to do it by wheels at the back, but I don't know if this method is always sufficient enough for quick gimbal movements, as opposed to stick control. I have Cendence with Focus Wheel 2 and my camera operator is happy adjusting tilt and pan this way. At least for my usual filming style ...

Thanks, it would be nice if there was a mode we could put i2 in so that at least one of the sticks could controll the gimbal. I think yuneec had such mode in one of their crafts, sth like rope mode or similar. Any chance you've tried to update the firmware of your rig? I wonder if trying to update the fw when everything beside the gimbal is not connected to the "main cinecore box" could brick the unit?

Hi, there is no need to use 6s or hv, regular 3s lipo or lion will do the job

Thanks, it would be nice if there was a mode we could put i2 in so that at least one of the sticks could controll the gimbal. I think yuneec had such mode in one of their crafts, sth like rope mode or similar. Any chance you've tried to update the firmware of your rig? I wonder if trying to update the fw when everything beside the gimbal is not connected to the "main cinecore box" could brick the unit?
You're right, the FW update will fail due to missing components. The only way is to transplant Cinecore module and FC board to a healthy Inspire and perform update on her. This is daunting job ... Bottom line: if your system is recording to both SD and SSD card (assuming active license), don't mess with it ...

You're right, the FW update will fail due to missing components. The only way is to transplant Cinecore module and FC board to a healthy Inspire and perform update on her. This is daunting job ... Bottom line: if your system is recording to both SD and SSD card (assuming active license), don't mess with it ...
Thats what I thought:) and yes its recording both on sd and ssd so it is not crucial but its still on the fw with old file system so its a bit annoying. One more question what is the model of the antennas you use in your system insead of the original ones?

Hi, there is no need to use 6s or hv, regular 3s lipo or lion will do the job
Hmm, this is surprising as 3S battery delivers only half of the 6S voltage. I will rather not mess with this, but ...

Hmm, this is surprising as 3S battery delivers only half of the 6S voltage. I will rather not mess with this, but ...
Well this morning I was working on my system and I plugged a 3s lipo just to check what will happen and everything booted up as on 6s, all working ok incl gimbal and feed, but ofcourse the drain is huge

Thats what I thought:) and yes its recording both on sd and ssd so it is not crucial but its still on the fw with old file system so its a bit annoying. One more question what is the model of the antennas you use in your system insead of the original ones?
You mean "old FAT as opposed to exFAT" SSD format? Yes, that is a problem if you purchase new unformatted SSD drive. In this case indeed both Cinecore module and FC board must be updated, and the only way is to transplant these parts, checking the license activation after update and before removing the transplant back to a donor. Sometimes the license may disappear during FW update, be aware.

You mean "old FAT as opposed to exFAT" SSD format? Yes, that is a problem if you purchase new unformatted SSD drive. In this case indeed both Cinecore module and FC board must be updated, and the only way is to transplant these parts, checking the license activation after update and before removing the transplant back to a donor. Sometimes the license may disappear during FW update, be aware.
Thanks! Any chance you could share what antenna you used in your system?

Thanks! Any chance you could share what antenna you used in your system?
Matrice 600 Lightbridge antennas. These are on market in two flavours: older type with right angle connectors, shrink wrapped or embedded in plastic mold (better) and newer with straight connectors. eBay ...
lightbridge 2 antennas_01.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth