Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 battery take off levels

Reaction score
HI all,

Why are we told to only take off with fully charged batteries. What happens if we take off with fully charged batteries then need to land at say 50% charge to change a lens then take off again. Are we excepted to change the batteries even though there is still 50% remaining, no. The Inspire 2 will not take off if the battery levels are too low, so why are we told to only take off with fully charged batteries. And why does it let us take off with 30 or 40% charge when its not recommended.

DJI needs to make clear on what we can and can't do and get rid of the guessing game.

Don't sweat it, just fly. The warnings are there simply to make you realise there's not a lot of charge & time left for you to fly on, so be cautious. A lot of the advice appears to be based on unintelligent or older design of batteries. If youve been flying land to change lens and take off at 30-40% again, then it's usually perfectly happy and nothing gets harmed. You've just got to make the call on if you'll have enough endurance to complete your mission and land safely again.

The only time (with the I2 and P4) that I've seen the batteries report getting stressed after taking off without full charge is after I've flown them when they've self discharged to storage levels (around 55%). Because the battery packs are running at a lower voltage and from cool (15-20C) rather than from 30-40C, they're not able to perform to their best. When flying the batteries down so I can fully discharge then recharge them I've seen occasional low voltage warnings appear (and healthydrones logs will sometimes show a few more Voltage drops). It's worth being more cautious then, especially with regard to movements that will draw more power, like climbing, heavy braking, and sport mode runs, they're more likely to induce a critically low voltage warning, especially if the battery isn't warmed through.

So, if your I2 is warmed up, no problem, if it's cool, be more careful ;) .

Reactions: g36pilot
Don't sweat it, just fly. The warnings are there simply to make you realise there's not a lot of charge & time left for you to fly on, so be cautious. A lot of the advice appears to be based on unintelligent or older design of batteries. If youve been flying land to change lens and take off at 30-40% again, then it's usually perfectly happy and nothing gets harmed. You've just got to make the call on if you'll have enough endurance to complete your mission and land safely again.

The only time (with the I2 and P4) that I've seen the batteries report getting stressed after taking off without full charge is after I've flown them when they've self discharged to storage levels (around 55%). Because the battery packs are running at a lower voltage and from cool (15-20C) rather than from 30-40C, they're not able to perform to their best. When flying the batteries down so I can fully discharge then recharge them I've seen occasional low voltage warnings appear (and healthydrones logs will sometimes show a few more Voltage drops). It's worth being more cautious then, especially with regard to movements that will draw more power, like climbing, heavy braking, and sport mode runs, they're more likely to induce a critically low voltage warning, especially if the battery isn't warmed through.

So, if your I2 is warmed up, no problem, if it's cool, be more careful ;) .

Ok thanks very much for that.

DJI doesn't even chat the truth when asked about temperatures for flying Mavic Pro or Phantom Pro. They claim they have a heater built in and can fly under 32 degrees F or 0 degrees C. Specs say you can't fly under freezing. the chat guy says you can. The chat gentleman just flat out lied so read your specs sheet and don't believe anything that DJI says.
You don't have powder snow at 32 degrees F and fly a drown unless it is an Inspire 2. That is why I bought the Inspire 2 . a great machine but they need to unlock the I2 for the XT camera as they would certainly sell more XT cameras! It's like they don't want to sell thermal cameras for the non cold flying Inspire 1!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu