Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 camera sensor error/0×400000

Reaction score
Bought this I2 online and it did not come with a gimble so just purchased a X5s with lens. Mounted it and I am getting "camera sensor error" and "aircraft encoder error 0x400000". Also when I start up the crystal sky I get "inconsistent firmware found". The gimble does the full startup and I can control the gimble movement from the remote. Just no video display on the screen. Have tried unmounting/recounting gimble several times, and tried 2 different remotes. Any suggestions what might be going wrong?

Attachments

• 20231025_184038.jpg
    20231025_184038.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2
  • 20231025_184112.jpg
    20231025_184112.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Bought this I2 online and it did not come with a gimble so just purchased a X5s with lens. Mounted it and I am getting "camera sensor error" and "aircraft encoder error 0x400000". Also when I start up the crystal sky I get "inconsistent firmware found". The gimble does the full startup and I can control the gimble movement from the remote. Just no video display on the screen. Have tried unmounting/recounting gimble several times, and tried 2 different remotes. Any suggestions what might be going wrong?
Hello. I suggest you update the firmware to the latest version, both for the drone and the camera. If you already did that and the condition is maintained, do it again. Check the connection pins of the gimbal with the connection base of the drone, clean them with isopropyl alcohol. What micro SD card are you using?…I suggest you use a good brand, like Sandisk Pro or similar, since sometimes cards with defects cause loss of vision of the camera, I mention this because it has happened to me with my Inspire2. I hope this solves your problem. Comment. Greetings.!

I have already updated the firmware. Is the camera firmware something that is done separately? Already cleaned the contacts. The drone recognizes the SD card but will not let me format it or see what is on the card. Could that be a separate issue?

I was using an I 2 which was generating the same error messages. We tried everything with the exception of sending it back to DJI (which we should have done.). It was not in the camera, it was a problem in the bird. It would sit turned on waiting to fly with that error message, then suddenly, it would go away and we could fly. No rhyme or reason that we could determine. We started hotswapping batteries so we didn’t have to shut it down on multi battery flights. Once it was working it stayed working until the bird was shut down. Very frustrating enigma.
I finally destroyed it in a tree. Got another I 2 and have never seen this issue again. The camera (an X4s), survived and we still use it today with no problems.

Your image processor is burned out, $1200 repair from DJI, good news is you can bargain with them to lower the price than they offer you a DJI care policy.

I have already updated the firmware. Is the camera firmware something that is done separately? Already cleaned the contacts. The drone recognizes the SD card but will not let me format it or see what is on the card. Could that be a separate issue?
Hello. The camera update is done automatically, when the drone detects the camera that is mentioned, if its firmware is inconsistent it will send you a message asking you to update at that time. The other thing you can do is once the Inspire2 is turned on, connect it to the PC and activate the DJI assistant, and check the firmware online and do a refresh. On the micro SD, you could clean the port where the card is inserted, with a cleaning solvent dedicated to Electronics, and dry the excess with a pressurized air spray. Test with the card and if the condition remains the same, changes or try with another card, remember to respect the compatibility of the micro SD cards that DJI suggests for this drone. If the failure persists, I suggest you contact DJI technical service. Greetings.!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aayushijain873