Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Collision Sensors not working

Reaction score
Tested a used Inspire 2 today.

We could not get the sense & avoid to turn on using his I-phone, switched to my android tablet. Still no luck, after taking off was able to turn the feature "off" and then "on" again in dji go 4 and then it worked.

Put his phone back on, no luck at all.

Never had that problem with my P4P. Has anyone else seen this, software glitch?

I walked away from the sale because of this, but low hours time on the bird, looked perfect.

Any one else seem this?

Thanks in advance

Tested a used Inspire 2 today.

We could not get the sense & avoid to turn on using his I-phone, switched to my android tablet. Still no luck, after taking off was able to turn the feature "off" and then "on" again in dji go 4 and then it worked.

Put his phone back on, no luck at all.

Never had that problem with my P4P. Has anyone else seen this, software glitch?

I walked away from the sale because of this, but low hours time on the bird, looked perfect.

Any one else seem this?

Thanks in advance
Moved to correct section

As mad angler said, Sensors are disabled with gear down.

Also, If you're looking for the colour bar radar proximity readout, similar to that on the Phantom 4 series, then you need to have the pilot fpv cam view visible/zoomed - that's the small camera view that normally sits in the bottom right corner of the Go4 screen. Unlike the Phantoms, The radar display doesn't show up on the main x4s or X5S camera view. If you're running on a small screen phone, then fpv view may not be available due to lack of screen real estate!

If you have sound turned up on tablet/phone and proximity is on, then you should hear 'sonar' beeping start up as you get closer to an object.

Reactions: fasterpastor
Thank you, did not realize it was off in landing mode (used to P4P as my reference point)

But on his phone, we could not get them to turn on at all, I should have checked the version of DJI go 4 and which phone he has.

Thank you both for the help. (and the moderator too for moving this to the correct section!!)

I'd be surprised if the CA sensors were broken as I'm pretty sure that DJI Go would complain about them needing calibrating if they were InOp. Next time check the aircraft status screen (access it from the green Ready to Fly bar at the top of the flight screen in Go4) - there's a '>' popout section that gives a readout of the overall status, error messages etc - that tells you if anything isn't working as opposed to just switched off!)

Moving up from a Phantom 4, the first few times I flew the I2 I thought the sensors weren't working too - it was simply that the landing gear was down, and that the green/yellow/red parking assist readout bars ( ;) :D ) only appear in the FPV cam view. I'd expected it to appear on the main (big) camera view in the same way as it does on the Phantom.

Reactions: fasterpastor

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlesteIdeal