Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Farewell Thoughts

Excellent assessment and you are spot on! I have flown the I2 since it came out. I use it with a Cendence and CrystalSky. I just sold my backup Inspire 1 unit (loaded with X3 and Z3). You are totally right on your comments on the Mavic 3. The M3 is indeed a nice unit and produces great images, but in the pro world, I have zero need for zoom. I want the camera located below and away from the legs and props. I use only prime lenses on an x5s (the x7 was just too much overkill for me). I do not use the SSD features. I have always been very satisfied with the micro SD, while shooting 4K/60. The cropping is a pain, but I put up with it. That is a normal issue for most cameras. I also ended up with DJI replacing my I2 when it developed some issues (last year). I only wish that DJI would have figured out the problem with it moving around too much in tight hovers (always been a problem for the I2). None of the other birds had that issue. My Mavic Pro was rock solid. I love the flight programming that it does (same as the Mavic). The bottomline for me is that Bummer that DJI is stopping production. I will not be switching to another bird anytime soon. The I2 is just too good. It is a beast that I totally trust in all conditions. (I am replacing my Mavic Pro with an Air 2S for my indoor stuff though). That all said, I am actually more concerned with the future of DJI products being able to enter the US in the future, AND whether DJI will provide a solution for the [nutty] FAA Remote ID requirement this year. That new reg could likely ground all of us anyway. BOTTOMLINE: The Inspire 2 rocks and will continue to be my go-to unit.....

I have not received my 2S yet. My Mavic Pro was one of the first models sold and it did an incredible job indoors. It handled the indoor light perfect. I was able to use the Tripod mode a lot. I am a bit concerned that the 2S will not have all the flight features as the MP did with Go4. And I flew the MP with a CrystalSky, and it worked very well. (I am NOT looking forward to using the iPhone and DJI Fly) About a week ago my MP flaked out with some weird firmware errors and I simply could not solve them. Total bummer. The only big problem I had indoors (and will be curious if the 2S is the same) is that I did several projects in convenient stores with a lot of coolers and UV lights. That environment really screwed up my controls. (in fact, I lost horizontal stick control, and had to let it drift across the store and drop it down to hand catch - YIKES!) I do not do those any more. Will be interested to see how the 2S does. And of course I will have blade cages on.

One other thing I forgot to mention in my I2 post, is that one type of project that I do involves live TV productions. There is no better setup that the Cendence with the SDI plug. The M3 (and all the rest) simply do not provide that important feature that for me is a dealmaker (as far as I know).

Thanks for the thoughtful video! I totally echo your sentiments and that of S White's above. I have two IN2's with three controllers, and CrystalSky and Tripltek and have no plans to abandon them unless something better comes along. Clients are impressed when you pull out this bad boy as compared with a cheap looking drone you pull out of your pocket.

Additionally, my clients seem to have no issue with paying more for quality content. Sure there has been a "race to the bottom" for gigs here in MN (especially real estate and such) but I largely ignore the noise and focus on landing the more lucrative gigs BECAUSE the IN2 allows me to separate myself from the crowd. (just my 2 cents)

Excellent assessment and you are spot on! I have flown the I2 since it came out. I use it with a Cendence and CrystalSky. I just sold my backup Inspire 1 unit (loaded with X3 and Z3). You are totally right on your comments on the Mavic 3. The M3 is indeed a nice unit and produces great images, but in the pro world, I have zero need for zoom. I want the camera located below and away from the legs and props. I use only prime lenses on an x5s (the x7 was just too much overkill for me). I do not use the SSD features. I have always been very satisfied with the micro SD, while shooting 4K/60. The cropping is a pain, but I put up with it. That is a normal issue for most cameras. I also ended up with DJI replacing my I2 when it developed some issues (last year). I only wish that DJI would have figured out the problem with it moving around too much in tight hovers (always been a problem for the I2). None of the other birds had that issue. My Mavic Pro was rock solid. I love the flight programming that it does (same as the Mavic). The bottomline for me is that Bummer that DJI is stopping production. I will not be switching to another bird anytime soon. The I2 is just too good. It is a beast that I totally trust in all conditions. (I am replacing my Mavic Pro with an Air 2S for my indoor stuff though). That all said, I am actually more concerned with the future of DJI products being able to enter the US in the future, AND whether DJI will provide a solution for the [nutty] FAA Remote ID requirement this year. That new reg could likely ground all of us anyway. BOTTOMLINE: The Inspire 2 rocks and will continue to be my go-to unit.....
Same here.
There is a fair bit which could have been better, but it often is with most things in life, isn't it. I2 remains for most parts an amazing drone. It was visionary when it was first released and it remains to be a piece of an amazing engineering achievement. Seeing the awe in client's eyes when they see it take off and how it transforms itself in the air is priceless!! That itself is a reason owning one šŸ™‚. It oozes respect, professionalism and its presence commands higher rates too.
"Long live I2" !!

Last edited:
Reactions: hhung516
I have flown my Air 2S a bit indoors and have been happy. Not a ton yet but maybe I will for some real estate work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool