Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 flight new flight time question

Reaction score
Just curious, anyone know if the inspire 2 new dual battery flight time is 23-27 mins with 2 batteries or 1? I see the batteries being sold separately and says the same flight time. So does anyone think would that mean ~40 min flights using both batteries down? Or is that just a fail safe and can only use one at a time?

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

Just curious, anyone know if the inspire 2 new dual battery flight time is 23-27 mins with 2 batteries or 1? I see the batteries being sold separately and says the same flight time. So does anyone think would that mean ~40 min flights using both batteries down? Or is that just a fail safe and can only use one at a time?

I would be pretty confident in stating that the Inspire 2 wont take off with just one battery.

Yea.........its got to be two batteries or they would have said something......

Not bad...............................I'll take it.......

Hard choice for me between I2 with 4s and I2 with 5s. The 1300 difference +- will get you some nice extras with the 4s. The 5s would break the bank for me.......... with no extras, but I can do it.

Seen it flying with just 1 battery. Although that takes away from the redundancy and makes no sense on why anyone would want to only use 1 battery.

So is it certain that it doesnt take off with only 1 battery?
Yes it can - it will not take off however if two batteries are installed with different charge levels with a difference of more than 13% between the two.

Thanks!
Using 1 battery maximizes flight time (less weight to carry) if on a remote location and no charger is available.
It's a minor concern, but I shoot a lot on remote mountain locations and carrying batteries sucks.

The time is with both batteries.

I have an average of 22 minutes with around 15% battery left (x5s)

Almost at 10 cycles to 50 percent. Expecting 27 min with x4s. Mostly land around 15 to 20 percent after batteries are cycled in this manor.

If you "pair" the batteries and only insert one of them in slot A it wont take off as it reports "insert more batteries", and if a none paired battery is inserted a "battery firmware error" is reported again it wont take off.
I assume this is because the two batteries would go out of synch of discharge state and also number of cycles. I have used one battery to play with the camera settings but i did notice when I tried to fly with the battery pairs it wouldn't take off as the difference was larger than spec. So every time i power the I2 on i always have two fitted.

I also noticed when you charge the batteries first time and insert as a pair in the !2 they are automatically paired I can find no settings to stop that happening.

For me I'm happy to run with the two as it gives me maximum redundancy. For a Drone of this expense i don't mind loosing 5 minutes flight time for the peace of mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu