Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Flipped

Reaction score
Hello, So I have a brand new Inspire 2, flown around 6 batteries if that. Today on take off, it climbed about 2 feet in the air and then suddenly just flipped over and hit the ground. Yes all the blades were on properly. I can see in the logs where the motors were commanded to increase in speed on one side and the right side pretty much went to idle. This seems almost like the death roll that the S1000s used to do. Any one else experienced this. or anyone qualified to review flight logs?

Hello, So I have a brand new Inspire 2, flown around 6 batteries if that. Today on take off, it climbed about 2 feet in the air and then suddenly just flipped over and hit the ground. Yes all the blades were on properly. I can see in the logs where the motors were commanded to increase in speed on one side and the right side pretty much went to idle. This seems almost like the death roll that the S1000s used to do. Any one else experienced this. or anyone qualified to review flight logs?
Were you on a boat or moving vehicle with drone on prior?

Were you on a boat or moving vehicle with drone on prior?

I'm not the original poster, but since I sometimes fly from boats, and I'm not aware that this introduces risk of flight instability for future flights, I'm curious to know why you ask this question, especially if there's something I should know! Thanks in advance.

For background, I always try to have the boat be stationary during takeoff and landing, but this is not always possible, such as when operating from a sailboat that's underway. So have flown from moving boats numerous times with my I1 over the past 2 years with no stability problems on future flights. Have a recently acquired I2 which I've flown from a stationary boat already, and I'm scheduled to be operating it from a moving tall ship in July. Yes, I know....lots of rigging to worry about! Keeps me young. ;-)

I'm not the original poster, but since I sometimes fly from boats, and I'm not aware that this introduces risk of flight instability for future flights, I'm curious to know why you ask this question, especially if there's something I should know! Thanks in advance.

For background, I always try to have the boat be stationary during takeoff and landing, but this is not always possible, such as when operating from a sailboat that's underway. So have flown from moving boats numerous times with my I1 over the past 2 years with no stability problems on future flights. Have a recently acquired I2 which I've flown from a stationary boat already, and I'm scheduled to be operating it from a moving tall ship in July. Yes, I know....lots of rigging to worry about! Keeps me young. ;-)
The reason for this used to be because during boot up the IMU's would stabilise and get a baseline. If the aircraft was pitching and rolling during this phase then it could cause IMU issues once airborne.
However, DJI altered firmware some time ago to address this issue and allow start up on moving platforms/craft - To a degree.

The reason for this used to be because during boot up the IMU's would stabilise and get a baseline. If the aircraft was pitching and rolling during this phase then it could cause IMU issues once airborne.
However, DJI altered firmware some time ago to address this issue and allow start up on moving platforms/craft - To a degree.
Thank you.

This can be a problem because, once the motors have started, the FC considers the AC to be flying. If, for example, the boat were to roll some the FC would command the I2 to roll in the opposite direction.

Take a look at this incident

Mavic Pro took-off without given command and crashed :(

it's a long thread and you could skip to

Mavic Pro took-off without given command and crashed :(

to see where the cause was determined.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tycet