Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 leg antenna wire/connector

Reaction score
Anyone here who can help me with information about the type of cable/wire and connectors used to the leg antennas, i think they are RG178 and MMCX?

/Peter

Did you ever get this sorted out? I have 2 connectors that separated at the board so I need to rerun the antenna cable from the leg antenna to the main board. I can find the antennas listed as parts (I think part #12) but I can't find anything for the cables.

Yes i did, i crimped new connectors on new cables
Thanks for the reply!! It seems that will be my only option since I can't find just the antenna cables. You can only buy the whole arm assembly and I don't need that. . Do you have a link where you got the connectors and wire? Did you use crimp vs solder?

I was trying to look at images of the antenna panels so see what type of connector they use there but I could not tell from any images. I was hoping to hold off on taking my stuff apart until I had parts ready to go and complete everything at once. Thanks again.

Attachments

• Antenna Connector problem.jpg
    Antenna Connector problem.jpg
    819.8 KB · Views: 77
Thanks for the reply!! It seems that will be my only option since I can't find just the antenna cables. You can only buy the whole arm assembly and I don't need that. . Do you have a link where you got the connectors and wire? Did you use crimp vs solder?

I was trying to look at images of the antenna panels so see what type of connector they use there but I could not tell from any images. I was hoping to hold off on taking my stuff apart until I had parts ready to go and complete everything at once. Thanks again.
those look kinda like the inspire one antenna cables. do they solder onto the antenna in the foot? if so i have a brand new pair(1 grey, 1 black)

Reactions: Black Sky
those look kinda like the inspire one antenna cables. do they solder onto the antenna in the foot? if so i have a brand new pair(1 grey, 1 black)
I have not pulled the antenna panel out of my I2. I tried looking on line at photos of the antenna panels to see if they just solder on there. I think they do. Jonhaan might be able to clarify? I am about to leave for church later today I could just take one of my leg antenna panels out and confirm.

I have not pulled the antenna panel out of my I2. I tried looking on line at photos of the antenna panels to see if they just solder on there. I think they do. Jonhaan might be able to clarify? I am about to leave for church later today I could just take one of my leg antenna panels out and confirm.
quick google search shows the I2 has a small plug on the antenna. so no not soldered like the I1

The inspire one has the same connection to the brain but they solder at the arm antennas. The inspire 2 has a plug in at the arm antenna. I have soldered the i1 wires to the i2 antenna and it appeared to transmit fine but it was for a ground rig that I only wanted video and battery info from it was not in the air.

The inspire one has the same connection to the brain but they solder at the arm antennas. The inspire 2 has a plug in at the arm antenna. I have soldered the i1 wires to the i2 antenna and it appeared to transmit fine but it was for a ground rig that I only wanted video and battery info from it was not in the air.
yea i noticed the plugs on the I2 antenna after searching google a bit

Hey if this issue was never resolved I came across a fix, we had a Inspire 2 in our shop with a similar issue (loosing connection) everything on the antennas "looked fine" but it turns out the MMCX connector had a failure we could not see. We resolved the issue by hard wiring the the antenna cable directly to the antenna. Connections issue fixed, works beautifully. Let me know if you need any other help.
#boss

Attachments

• 20200225_004156.jpg
    20200225_004156.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
Reactions: DigitalAnthill
Hey if this issue was never resolved I came across a fix, we had a Inspire 2 in our shop with a similar issue (loosing connection) everything on the antennas "looked fine" but it turns out the MMCX connector had a failure we could not see. We resolved the issue by hard wiring the the antenna cable directly to the antenna. Connections issue fixed, works beautifully. Let me know if you need any other help.
#boss
Josh, would like to know more about how you did this. Ive got an antenna plug that is loose but refuses to separate and I'm thinking that i could just solder the wire direct to the antenna like you have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool