Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 now that the inspire 3 is out?

Investing so much for I2 just to shoot in H264 from 60Mbps to 100mbps is not worth it. All the accessories and etc add a lot to the setup. Also in my comment I'm talkin about RAW! I1 can do 3.2Gbps at 4K and I2 can do 4.0Gbps, no one can notice such a difference in raw, only some very few cases may show difference while grading. And yes X5S is 16MP while X5R is 12MP, but reality is that if you don't know what equipment is used and there is some gorgeous content with beautiful lighting and composition you'll not make the difference is it 12 or 16 MP or whatever Mbps that is over 60mbps. For example youtube is with 60mbps and I can see there extremelly well looking visuals on big 65 inch TV, they can be shot on proffesional cameras and downsampled to 60mbps as well it could be a Phantom and you to think that it's Mavic or Inspire. All this is very subjective when you are behind the scenes and simply know that the quality of your equipment is. I'm sure you can see some difference between 60 and 100 but honestly I have a lot of cameras and even 130Mbps have a lot of compression issues in sky gradients and other situations.

And the major usage of the Inspire family is dual operator, if you are not in to this type of work you'll be pretty fine with Mavic 3 or Mavic 3 Pro, they are only 2K euros.
You said "you will not make a major upgrade going from I1 with X5 to I2 with X5S". X5 is not the X5R. The X5 doesn't shoot raw. My comment was specific to your statement about the X5S not being a major upgrade from the X5 (not the X5R).

You said "you will not make a major upgrade going from I1 with X5 to I2 with X5S". X5 is not the X5R. The X5 doesn't shoot raw. My comment was specific to your statement about the X5S not being a major upgrade from the X5 (not the X5R).
Yes, and for shooting raw with X5S you need to additionally buy raw license for 999 euro or dollars or if buying second hand the seller will include this cost. Still in my opinion a lot of money for something so outdated.

PS: Upgrading to I2 is worthy with X7, otherwise not much an upgrade from I1 with X5.

Last edited:
Yes, and for shooting raw with X5S you need to additionally buy raw license for 999 euro or dollars or if buying second hand the seller will include this cost. Still in my opinion a lot of money for something so outdated.

PS: Upgrading to I2 is worthy with X7, otherwise not much an upgrade from I1 with X5.
So it still remains that one will indeed make a major upgrade going from I1 X5 to the X5S, with or without the RAW license. Also, the ProRes license is also only $500 for the X5S, which also is a significant upgrade with the X5S over the X5.

My comment was specific to your statement about the X5S not being a major upgrade from the X5 (not the X5R).
Yes you got it right. X5S is not a major upgrade from X5 :) They have almost the same picture at the end. And yes one can shoot raw with X5S if by additional license. For upgrade from X5 only a bigger sensor is worth it.

Yes you got it right. X5S is not a major upgrade from X5 :) They have almost the same picture at the end. And yes one can shoot raw with X5S if by additional license. For upgrade from X5 only a bigger sensor is worth it.
You said X5S is not a major upgrade from X5. That's not what I said. The X5S is a huge upgrade from the X5 in both h.264 and its ability to shoot both CinemaDNG Raw and ProRes or ProRes RAW. I'm not quite sure how you can say the picture of RAW or ProRes of the X5S has almost the same picture as the X5. The real power of shooting RAW and ProRes with the X5S lies in the increased flexibility in how far you can push that image in post. The X5 h.264 image will fall apart so much easier. If all you're comparing is h.264 between the X5 and X5S, I would also argue the degraded video quality of the 60mbps bitrate of the X5 is noticeable and not usable when compared to the h.264 100mbps bitrate. Maybe the image between the two is close when looking at a still or frame by frame, but the video of the X5 is not smooth. I have used both of these cameras and I noticed the improved quality of the video of the X5S even in the h.264 footage right away, but the real advantage is of course in the CinemaDNG and ProRes of the X5S. You just can't compare that to anything else the X5 produces. The X5S is indeed a major upgrade from the X5 IMO and I would argue most anyone who has used the two camera would agree.

I have the original Inspire 1 which is still awesome in my opinion but the batteries are getting old and overall, it is time for an upgrade. The Inspire 3 is way way out of my budget sadly. I had been eyeing the Inspire 2 with zenmuse x5s camera as a possible replacement for my aging inspire 1. My work with the drone requires interchangeable lenses and high image quality so the X5 series of cameras fits that bill (and I already have the Olympus 25mm, 35mm and DJI 15mm lenses). I need at least a m4s sensor size with telephoto capability so the Mavic 3 doesn't quite work for my use case.
Is DJI officially done with the Inspire 2 and discontinuing it now that the Inspire 3 is out? I read on here and other sites that supposedly they discontinued the Inspire 2 in 2022 and dealers are just selling out that last stock. I still see it listed as available new on sites such as Adorama and B&H however it is listed as out of stock at the DJI store. The DJI website doesn't say it is out of production like they do for the Inspire 1.

I don't want to buy into a system that is already discontinued and end up with a situation like I have with the Inspire 1 where the batteries are slowly dying and no new ones are available.

I wish they would keep the Inspire 2 around since the price of the Inspire 3 is super high. Would be a nice middle ground between the Inspire series and the smaller drones

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to proceed and if they really are done with the Inspire 2?
Thanks
Yes, I'm sorry I call it the "Apple Phone Syndrome" Why on Gods Green Earth. Do people sit outside for two days to get the iphone 14 or I27 and spend.$1800? Are you people out of your mind? So it's the same thing with the inspire. Just five years ago, the inspire with the Zen Moose 3 was top of the line and used by Hollywood to shoot sweeping vistas. OK, now you come out with the two. You could have just slapped the Zen muth 5 on it, but no, they had to have the two at 3500. Now you're ready for this. People are buying inspired. three for $15,000. I'm sorry. You're out of your mind now. I just picked up and inspire. One, with Zen Moose three on Markari. You ever go to there For some reason, it doesn't. Don't hold that. It came in a 500 custom made DJI case. so for 400 Box I got an inspire one. Which is Zen Moosh 32 batteries and a 500 custom made chase. Now, what more do I need I mean? maybe there's a few guys out here with professionals that need much more. Nobody needs much more than that. It can map. It can do this. It's got sensing. Yeah, it doesn't have 19 weight sensing like people. get a grip. You don't need the latest and the greatest. Just five years ago. This was the latest and the greatest. Think of the applicant syndrome. Are any of you people sit outside to get the latest and the greatest got to have it? Well, then go buy a inspire. It's very good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a serial number checker so I can see what version of INSPIRE 1 I bought. I have to admit I am hating on dji by the minute, yea good prod, but it so Difficult. to do any kind of search on their website. I can't find a download or whatever. Everything is pushing me to buy the next thing D. J. I can kiss my you know what? And I'll never, ever buy retailer. if you'd never heard of Maccari Emmy's RCARI go there. Brand new phantom 4. Pro 4 500 bucks

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a serial number checker so I can see what version of INSPIRE 1 I bought. I have to admit I am hating on dji by the minute, yea good prod, but it so Difficult. to do any kind of search on their website. I can't find a download or whatever. Everything is pushing me to buy the next thing D. J. I can kiss my you know what? And I'll never, ever buy retailer. if you'd never heard of Maccari Emmy's RCARI go there. Brand new phantom 4. Pro 4 500 bucks
Film drones are one of the most rapidly developing technologies nowadays and it definitely has not reached the point of "iPhone syndrome" where you buy new phone because it has new design or whatever - not in pro market. Consumers - yes, perhaps some people are jumping from one Mavic to other because of very few upgrades, but comparing Inspire 1 with "Zen Moose 3" to Inspire 3 with X9 - that is complete nonsense..

I know it's been a while since this discussion was going on. But just wanted to say that I still use the Inspire 2 and I still love it. What I do especially private requires hiking. So I strap on the Loewe Inspire 2 backpack and off I go. We just got the Mavic 3 Pro Cine and it's amazing. It will come with me on many trips but I will take the I2 with me often as the speed and how it handles wind + the gimbal rotation. I have all the lenses and yes I have to land to change but having used it for so many years I know what lens to use when.

You mention Inspire 1. I still have it but most of all I use the gimbal and camera on the Osmo to create the Osmo Raw. Still, in my mind the most underrated gimbal there is. If it works for filming commercials for Bugatti it should be good for a lot more :)

I know it's been a while since this discussion was going on. But just wanted to say that I still use the Inspire 2 and I still love it. What I do especially private requires hiking. So I strap on the Loewe Inspire 2 backpack and off I go. We just got the Mavic 3 Pro Cine and it's amazing. It will come with me on many trips but I will take the I2 with me often as the speed and how it handles wind + the gimbal rotation. I have all the lenses and yes I have to land to change but having used it for so many years I know what lens to use when.

You mention Inspire 1. I still have it but most of all I use the gimbal and camera on the Osmo to create the Osmo Raw. Still, in my mind the most underrated gimbal there is. If it works for filming commercials for Bugatti it should be good for a lot more :)
I just saw this thread, I have an Inspire 2 with X5S and multiple lenses, I also own a Mavic 3 Classic and 3 mini Pro, Just started using the inspire 2 again, and having problems with video flcker, on the Micro Sd and the SSD card in pro res, I just sent the drone off to be checked and repaired if its affordable to do so, my question is do you think its still worth fixing ,they said it could be the main control module, but I wasn't sure what that would have to do with the video , I have a ton of accessories also , and the dealer said it would cost close to 1k to fix

Last edited:
Reactions: RuneWold
The used market is replete with I2s and X5S cameras, since the I3 release. Just got one inc X5S, ProRes/DNG licenses and batteries in excellent condition with < 35 cycles for £1300/$1500 and 6 month warranty from MPB.com. Bargain. Add a Mini 3 pro and just about all bases covered!

Stoked. Not worth selling the I1 tbh so will keep for fun, modding, and training flights. Plus the X5R is still a capable camera.
What do you think of MPB? I've always been afraid to use them as you can't return an item for your money back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop