Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 package

Reaction score
I noticed that the Inspire 2 itself is $2,849.05 and the X5S camera is $1,899.00. Together, that's $4748.00

But there's also a packaged version of Inspire 2 + X5S + the CinemaDNG license = $6,198.00. The difference is about $1400.

So three questions:

1. Is the CinemaDNG license available separately - that is can I purchase it later? If so, how much?

2. I dont shoot video, much less raw video. I only shoot stills. I assume there's no need for the CinemaDNG license then?

3. Does the package include anything else I missed?

Everything you've asked is readily available information on the DJI website/store, why you haven't bothered to look is perplexing. I'll asnwer for you anyway.

1. Is the CinemaDNG license available separately - that is can I purchase it later? If so, how much?

Yes it is. Select the Codec License tab and your currency information.
Buy Service | DJI Store

2. I dont shoot video, much less raw video. I only shoot stills. I assume there's no need for the CinemaDNG license then?

Correct. These are VIDEO codecs. The vast majority of DJI cameras natively shoot RAW photo as a standard feature.

As far as can be seen on the DJI store, it is literally just a combo pack of the airframe kit (I2 airframe, 2x batteries, 1x RC, 1x charging hub, 2x propeller sets and the case), camera unit and codec licenses - nothing more.

@KyleIRYS has done a good job answering those questions. Thanks for chiming in.

1 - Yes, the licenses can be purchasing and added later.

2 - Definitely sounds like you do not need the licenses, if you find yourself requiring 5.2K video down the road you can always add a license for the codec you choose whether it be Apple ProRes or CinemaDNG.

3 - Not sure what exact package you are speaking of but the I2 and I2 Premium Combos come with what you need to get up in the air.

Any further questions feel free to reach out.

Best,
Mike

I noticed that the Inspire 2 itself is $2,849.05 and the X5S camera is $1,899.00. Together, that's $4748.00

But there's also a packaged version of Inspire 2 + X5S + the CinemaDNG license = $6,198.00. The difference is about $1400.

So three questions:

hit up florida drone supply, they are very active on this board , and have done a great job , helping with my inspire purchase. i wish they had a store close to me...@floridadronesupply

So three questions:

Thanks @PatrickP for mentioning us...we, of course, would love to help.

The short answer to the questions above is that as a photographer you will not need to worry about the additional licenses. The X5S will shoot the same RAW photo (saved as a DNG) no matter if you have a license or do not have a license. For photos its all the same.

That said, if you ever do decide you want to record video you already have the ability to record h.264 and h.265 video. People have been using the Inspire 1 for the past couple years recording h.264 on X5 cameras - and the Inspire 2 with the X5S has doubled the data rate from the Inspire 1 so your color information and ability to make some changes after the fact (in post production) is already better than the Inspire 1 Pro ever was - again this is without adding a different video license.

The video licenses open up the ability to use the new image processing technology inside the Inspire 2. As a photographer you would understand the difference you have with RAW files, TIFFs and JPG files. Video has their own version of compression methods and file type. RAW is the largest and very much like a RAW photo - giving you tons of latitude for making adjustments after the shot is recorded. ProRes is a very high end standard that has a small amount of compression (actually there are different level of compression and color sampling you can choose from) but it is very much like the photo equivalent to a TIFF. Excellent quality, great color depth, etc.

The Inspire 2 comes with the ability to record video in the h.264 and h.265 codecs (JPG equivalent for comparison purposes). You can add the ProRes license, the RAW license or both (with a package discount) after the fact if you ever need them.

Finally, you are correct that the Premium Combo is an assembly of the base Inspire 2, the X5S camera (with the 15mm DJI lens) and the combination of both extra video licenses.

To get started in photography you could simply purchase the base Inspire 2 and the X5S. Additionally, the X5S is available with the DJI 15mm lens or without any lens (so you can spend the money saved on the lenses you will find the most useful for your needs). Buying the X5S without the lens saves you $500.

Keep in mind that the X5S is a micro four thirds sensor so the lenses all have a 2x crop factor. A 12mm lens has the focal equivalent of 24mm on a full frame sensor camera (like a Canon 5D Mark III).

I know that was a long answer to your questions, but I have been a photographer for 20 years and have had all types of cameras up in the air long before we had drones. I very much enjoy getting people off on the right track for what they need.

If I can be of any further help, just let me know. You can reach me at 239-398-8250 with any questions, and we have all of the items we have been discussing in stock if you are getting close to being ready to make a purchase. We would love to have your order.

www.FloridaDroneSupply.com

Thanks,

Michael

Reactions: George Brown

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thefollower