Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Potential Purchaser

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls.

I'm normally on the P3P Forum, but after some advice on Inspire 2.

My Employer has various systems ie Falcon 8 etc.

He is looking at a the Inspire 2 as a secondary system.

He has the following 3 queries

What is a realistic Flight Time- I realise DJI say 27 mins with X4s is this realistic what about X 5s

Are there any Known battery issues? I have looked at the Bad Battery thread, but can only see the error thread, have any significant issues been rectified by DJI?

How long do the motors last before needing replaced? I realise that this depends on hours used, but any advice would be welcome

Thanks in Advance.

Mark.

Reactions: Advexure
Hey Mark - as for battery issues luckily out of the box I have had no issues at all since I got my I2 last March

Realistic flight time really depends on use and environment variables: I would say with I2 i use the X5s camera and i get anywhere from 17 to 22 minutes of safe flying time (for what I do - Film production / commercials ) is great time to get the shot I need

Motors: I haven't gone that far yet it's only been 3 months I have had mine and only has about 2 hours of use

just my first hand experience ... love my I2 and it does the job done for what I do

cheers!

18-20 min flight time with X5S has been pretty typical but will depend on what type of flying you are doing and also the environment in which you are flying. Max I've seen is about 25 mins with X5S I believe.

No widespread battery issues. We've seen the defect rate of TB50 batteries to be FAR lower that batteries of any other DJI product line.

DJI does not provide any useful life or maintenance recommendations for I2 motors unfortunately. Definitely going to depend on how much use your aircraft is seeing. We've seen guys replace motors out of an abundance of condition after 6 months and I've also seen guys go a year+ with no motor replacement/maintenance and they were flying about 3-4 days every week for regular inspections throughout their days.

Feel free to reach out if our team can be of any further assistance.

Dan

Reactions: rocstudios
18-20 min flight time with X5S has been pretty typical but will depend on what type of flying you are doing and also the environment in which you are flying. Max I've seen is about 25 mins with X5S I believe.

No widespread battery issues. We've seen the defect rate of TB50 batteries to be FAR lower that batteries of any other DJI product line.

DJI does not provide any useful life or maintenance recommendations for I2 motors unfortunately. Definitely going to depend on how much use your aircraft is seeing. We've seen guys replace motors out of an abundance of condition after 6 months and I've also seen guys go a year+ with no motor replacement/maintenance and they were flying about 3-4 days every week for regular inspections throughout their days.

Feel free to reach out if our team can be of any further assistance.

Dan

How many hours did your clients have on the I2 motors when they replaced them after 6 months?

Hi Guys and Girls.

I'm normally on the P3P Forum, but after some advice on Inspire 2.

My Employer has various systems ie Falcon 8 etc.

He is looking at a the Inspire 2 as a secondary system.

He has the following 3 queries

What is a realistic Flight Time- I realise DJI say 27 mins with X4s is this realistic what about X 5s

Are there any Known battery issues? I have looked at the Bad Battery thread, but can only see the error thread, have any significant issues been rectified by DJI?

How long do the motors last before needing replaced? I realise that this depends on hours used, but any advice would be welcome

Thanks in Advance.

Mark.
Further to the comments above.....
Motors will not need replacing (since there are no moving parts in them). The only exception to this is if they have been damaged or over current passed through them.
Bearings however will need periodic replacement as do all brushless motor bearings.

Reactions: Mark Ron
Just checked my logs for you, so far clocked up 219 miles over 33.5hrs in the air with a max flight time of 22:55 (although it's more typically 18-21 mins with mixed flying). That's since early January. Motors are still running smoothly without noise or any signs of heating.

Just for comparison, my P4 with it's smaller motors clocked up 353 miles across 68.5hrs without a problem. They'd have kept going a lot longer, but I've just swapped out the motors this afternoon - it had an argument with a treetop which lead to me replacing the body shell... that in turn lead to me replacing all 4 motors after accidentally driving the mounting screws into the coils.... doh :( Kept the wrecked motors for the spare bearings tho' :)

I'd expect the I2 motors to last longer than the P4's and do a lot more miles.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxtimber