Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Props

I was going to order some new props for my Inspire 2. I have an extra set or 2.

I was wondering if they are improved from last year ( the looseness problem). So i dont have to use paper strips.

Let me know if anyone knows!

Thanks
It's hard to say since - to my knowledge - the consistency is not the strongest property of DJI props. Mine Inspire manufactured July 2018 didn't exhibit any issues with rattling props. Both sets of props sits snug and tight without ridiculous foam inserts. This doesn't guarantee that your newly purchased props will behave the same way because the older bottom part of locking mechanism may not co-operate. It's complicated ...

Good news is that Italian company Atellani is planning to sell nicely executed metal shims to eradicate the rattling props issue. Keep an eye on them ...

Rattling props shims

Atellani, Ultimadrone

Last edited:
I have 2 sets of CF folding propellers for my DJI Inspire 2. The T-Motor CF propellers that I purchased from Florida Drone Supply are the ones that I recommend. I also have a set of Coptermax CF folding propellers for backup because I don’t like the stock propellers from DJI. Being able to get up in the air quickly and without having to install over and over again is the determining factor for me. Plus I don’t like how the stock propellers are loose after you install them on the Inspire 2. But you have to remember to unfold them prior to takeoff or you will get vibration from them. Some people have told me that they aren’t good for the motors but I have been using them for a year and a half with no problems whatsoever.
All in all I wouldn’t go back to using the stock propellers for anything.
And Helingaden has a new set of CF folding propellers for the Inspire 2 as well! But the only distributor of them in the USA is Florida Drone Supply!

Reactions: Mike'S Photo
I was going to order some new props for my Inspire 2. I have an extra set or 2.

I was wondering if they are improved from last year ( the looseness problem). So i dont have to use paper strips.

Let me know if anyone knows!

Thanks
I have not seen any difference with the Inspire 2 props over the past year. It depends on how old the parts stock sitting on the shelves. Matthew D made some metal shims that will eliminate the slop between the hubs and propellers. Hopefully these will become available for purchase soon.

Non stock solution are CF props. I can recommend the T-Motor Folding Props - Winglet Style from Florida drone supply. Great service and quality products from these guys!
Rich

T-Motor Folding Props - Winglet Style - Custom for Inspire 2

Reactions: Phil DeVore
It's hard to say since - to my knowledge - the consistency is not the strongest property of DJI props. Mine Inspire manufactured July 2018 didn't exhibit any issues with rattling props. Both sets of props sits snug and tight without ridiculous foam inserts. This doesn't guarantee that your newly purchased props will behave the same way because the older bottom part of locking mechanism may not co-operate. It's complicated ...

Good news is that Italian company Atellani is planning to sell nicely executed metal shims to eradicate the rattling props issue. Keep an eye on them ...

Rattling props shims

Atellani, Ultimadrone

Hi Matthew
I didn't see anything on Atellani's website regarding your metal shim design yet. Thanks again for taking the time to produce such a great solution to this problem. I personally do not think DJI has changed anything with the props or hubs in the last year. It is the luck of the draw...… it is all about the tolerances between the plastic hubs and plastic props. They are concentrating on the next Inspire series that will have CF folding props .. :)

Rich

" ... It is the luck of the draw..."

Perfect description of the rattling props issue ... And many other issues related to the quality of Chinese products ...

" ... It is the luck of the draw..."

Perfect description of the rattling props issue ... And many other issues related to the quality of Chinese products ...
Thanks Matthew
I do not enjoy saying negative comments about DJI, but this major component was fumbled big time,, in my opinion!
Rich

Thanks Matthew
I do not enjoy saying negative comments about DJI, but this major component was fumbled big time,, in my opinion!
Rich
It's not about DJI, Rich. It's about the quality of mass-manufactured, cheap made-in-Asia gadgets in general. If there's anybody to blame for Inspire's rattling props issue, anybody at all, that'll be us, the Westerners. I know it sounds absurd, but when you consider the fact that no American venture is able to deliver similar product of even remotely equal quality with comparable price tag, you'll know what I mean ...

It's not about DJI, Rich. It's about the quality of mass-manufactured, cheap made-in-Asia gadgets in general. If there's anybody to blame for Inspire's rattling props issue, anybody at all, that'll be us, the Westerners. I know it sounds absurd, but when you consider the fact that no American venture is able to deliver similar product of even remotely equal quality with comparable price tag, you'll know what I mean ...

You are right, we keep buying and feeding the same old conditions. Now that DJI has a huge head start, I do not know how a US or Canadian based company can catch them. It is possible though.... customer service and unsurpassed quality would be the key. Unfortunately these goals come with a great cost for any start up company.

Rich

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeatriceFo