Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 questions

Reaction score
Hi,

I just picked up an inspire 2 and have about 15 flights in with it. I really like it as far as flying goes but there are quite a few things I am trying to wrap my head around with it.

When is dual operator mode is it possible to stop the app from locking out the pilot from gimbal operation? Quite frequently I use my "recenter camera" button to line my camera operator up for a shot. It works fine on the I1 but every time I want to do it on the I2 I need to tap the gimbal icon on the app then hit my recenter button. Same goes for when I want to adjust the tilt myself using the left wheel.

My second thing is that having to "lightly click" the right wheel every time I want to adjust exposure is a waste of time. These little things really slow down shooting with this.

I dont know if I have a faulty X5S but it is terrible at holding the horizon. Especially bad in single operator mode. If I tilt down then back up it will be 2-3 degrees off in a matter of seconds then the only way to fix it is to open the gimbal menu and readjust manually. Roll is perfect when taking off, the I2 in level and hoizon if fine. It is also bad in dual operator mode but not as bad as single operator mode. I have tried making the gimbal balance perfect using some 1/4oz weights like I have dont on all of my X5R's but I see no real difference between with and without on the X5S.

For recording is anyone else having issued with the SSD not rolling sometimes? I have had 2 times now where I needed to land and cycle power on the I2 because the SSD won't roll. On one of the flights i recorded a 4-5 minute clip just fine but it would not roll again once I cut. The SD card was fine and had no issues rolling. I am also not able to change the mag ID. The lowest roll number it will use is A008 and it does not allow me to change the camera letter to any others.

White props seem to be way harder to take of and put on than the red ones. I am going to replace the stock props anyway but mine really need to be forced on and off, reds go on and come off without issue.

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. If anyone else has any experience with any of these issues I would love to hear what they have been.

Thanks,

Mike
www.wholesomedroneco.com

Hey Mike. Glad to hear you picked up your Inspire 2. We can help you with a number of these issues if you would like. Many of them are going to be things you need to adjust to as this copter does operate slightly differently than the Inspire 1.

In dual op mode you are correct - only 1 of you can have camera control at a time.

Because the right wheel can adjust multiple things, you use the clicking function to activate it and to toggle through the adjustments - you will see the one you have selected turn blue to indicate that is what the wheel is actively set to change.

The bad horizon issue can likely be corrected as well. We had a local client just spend a fair amount of time adjusting his Inspire 2 and he went through all the calibrations very meticulously (cold IMU, compass and gimbal calibration) and now has his copter flying better than it ever has. He is very happy with it. I would suggest you do the same as this will likely cure your drifting horizon.

Not sure on your SSD issue. I have not heard of anyone having this issue yet. As for the roll numbers, do they adjust back to zero when you format it (only possible to do in the copter).

The props have been a know issue on this copter since the beginning. It used to be the red ones would rattle - now they seem to have maybe change the thickness of the prop center piece making the red ones fit better but the white ones difficult to snap into place.

We stock the folding props and the prop adapters (for use with 15 inch T-Motor props or something similar). The are made in Switzerland and have been producing very good results for the people that have switched to them. Here is a link:

Inspire 2 Folding Props by Heliengadin

Heliengadin Inspire 2 Prop Adapters

Let me know if we can help at all with anything else for you.

Michael

Reactions: rent and SanCap
Hey Mike. Glad to hear you picked up your Inspire 2. We can help you with a number of these issues if you would like. Many of them are going to be things you need to adjust to as this copter does operate slightly differently than the Inspire 1.

In dual op mode you are correct - only 1 of you can have camera control at a time.

Because the right wheel can adjust multiple things, you use the clicking function to activate it and to toggle through the adjustments - you will see the one you have selected turn blue to indicate that is what the wheel is actively set to change.

The bad horizon issue can likely be corrected as well. We had a local client just spend a fair amount of time adjusting his Inspire 2 and he went through all the calibrations very meticulously (cold IMU, compass and gimbal calibration) and now has his copter flying better than it ever has. He is very happy with it. I would suggest you do the same as this will likely cure your drifting horizon.

Not sure on your SSD issue. I have not heard of anyone having this issue yet. As for the roll numbers, do they adjust back to zero when you format it (only possible to do in the copter).

The props have been a know issue on this copter since the beginning. It used to be the red ones would rattle - now they seem to have maybe change the thickness of the prop center piece making the red ones fit better but the white ones difficult to snap into place.

We stock the folding props and the prop adapters (for use with 15 inch T-Motor props or something similar). The are made in Switzerland and have been producing very good results for the people that have switched to them. Here is a link:

Inspire 2 Folding Props by Heliengadin

Heliengadin Inspire 2 Prop Adapters

Let me know if we can help at all with anything else for you.

Michael
Got a question on the folding props. Can you change leafs if something where to happen. An I also like to have spares

Got a question on the folding props. Can you change leafs if something where to happen. An I also like to have spares

They don't recommend changing one side of a folding prop because they are balanced together to match. Until the stock gets ahead of the orders, I am breaking up the sets of 4 to get people spares. We do not list them for sale like that, but I sure understand the importance of having some spare parts in your gear kit.

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks!

Reactions: Ftolino
They don't recommend changing one side of a folding prop because they are balanced together to match. Until the stock gets ahead of the orders, I am breaking up the sets of 4 to get people spares. We do not list them for sale like that, but I sure understand the importance of having some spare parts in your gear kit.

Let me know if you need anything.

Thanks!
Will do an thanks for the response as always. Appreciate it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD