Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 reboots in the air

Since we can't yet verify the Battery FW versions, is there any other way of knowing that the battery firmware is updated? Also.. when you switch batteries and it's updating the next pair.. how long after bootup does it take before the batteries start to update? 30 sec? 1 min? 5 min? any thoughts of how we could verify without actually seeing the version number?

Last edited:
good question and it depends on what the I2 is currently doing. If its siting connected to the assistant 2 the update is almost instant, if its flying we dont know other than some drones have fallen from the sky. Messages are sent to the welcome screen but not he FLY screen.

SO... you just buy a new battery connect your I2 to the assistant 2 and insert new battery. it will decide is it need new firmware.

BE WARNED

DJI wont tell you anything so expect the worst and get pleasantly surprised you ca out smart them..

Doesn't matter where the switch is set too, the bird updates the batteries. I was not connected to the internet when a notice came up on my iPad telling me an update was required. I did not have a hard connection to the inspire it reboots during the process
Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

I hate to be the "stick in the mud" here, but I have heard of a lot of people not wanting to do Inspire 1 updates for fear of some failure. I always update my firmware and ensure that all equipment is running the same build before I take off. I have not heard of this until your post, but with about $7,000 USD flying around, that would be a pretty **** expensive mistake to make.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arhaansheikh07