Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 state as for October 05/2018 ?

Reaction score
The issue of broken .0200 firmware is all over every forum of Inspire 2 users. It's not life-threatening issue, perhaps not even persistent, but affected birds are behaving erratically and not as expected. Unofficial recommendations for rolling back to previous .0100 version contradicts official availability of faulty firmware and continued demands of Go 4 app to upgrade. In other words, officially DJI still recommends to upgrade. So, WTF, may I ask politely?

Initially I've posted this question on DJI Forum, but soon decided to withdraw and delete the content. I've realized - again and again - that I will not receive any reliable information from DJI headquarters, nor from DJI forum moderators or any affiliated sources. DJI continues to reinforce the policy of keeping us in darkness.

I'm amazed by DJI's technological achievements. I'm willing to absorb occasional DJI failures. I'm willing to acknowledge any official explanation in regards. But intimidating silence is not what I'm wiling to accept. Period.

here here Dobmatt. Agree 100%. Their silence is deafening.
The Chinese dont have a good track record of delivering what they promised.
They dont even trust their own baby formula ( many babies poisoned by substituted ingredients), and import it all from western countries.

Look at the south china sea, chinese said they were building it for environmental research. LOL.

The issue of broken .0200 firmware is all over every forum of Inspire 2 users. It's not life-threatening issue, perhaps not even persistent, but affected birds are behaving erratically and not as expected. Unofficial recommendations for rolling back to previous .0100 version contradicts official availability of faulty firmware and continued demands of Go 4 app to upgrade. In other words, officially DJI still recommends to upgrade. So, WTF, may I ask politely?
Well, at least one individual - apparently close to DJI circles - confirmed my assumptions. Mad_angler1 - a respected member of our community - stated that the reason for keeping .0200 FW still available is because not all birds are affected by introduced bugs:

Why is that is another puzzle, but - indeed - strange behaviour, glitches and false warnings introduced with .0200 FW are not consistent within all exposed Inspire's. All we can do for now is to roll back to .0100 (not perfect either) and wait patiently for new FW.

Well, at least one individual - apparently close to DJI circles - confirmed my assumptions. Mad_angler1 - a respected member of our community - stated that the reason for keeping .0200 FW still available is because not all birds are affected by introduced bugs:

Why is that is another puzzle, but - indeed - strange behaviour, glitches and false warnings introduced with .0200 FW are not consistent within all exposed Inspire's. All we can do for now is to roll back to .0100 (not perfect either) and wait patiently for new FW.
Does the Inspire on .100 spin the camera by 90 deg when changing flight modes and does I2 lift legs upon landing, as was the case with pre.200 FW? Because .200 at least fixed those two very annoying things for me.

Does the Inspire on .100 spin the camera by 90 deg when changing flight modes and does I2 lift legs upon landing, as was the case with pre.200 FW? Because .200 at least fixed those two very annoying things for me.
My bird is on .0100 and I've seen this camera spin once or twice, can't remember if triggered by flight mode toggling or something else. Not a persistent issue in my case. Never had any issues with landing gear. BTW what do you mean "lifting legs upon landing"? Do you fly with legs down and she was rising landing gear when belly sensors detected the ground below?

My bird is on .0100 and I've seen this camera spin once or twice, can't remember if triggered by flight mode toggling or something else. Not a persistent issue in my case. Never had any issues with landing gear. BTW what do you mean "lifting legs upon landing"? Do you fly with legs down and she was rising landing gear when belly sensors detected the ground below?
Legs lifting was an issue when upon landing the I2 lifted off one or two legs, kind of as if wanting to flip. It was very unnerving behaviour. But the.200 cured it.

Not helping.....
I think RotorWash is referring to unpredictability of some Inspire's behaviour, caused by numerous bugs introduced with both .0100 and .0200 FW. However, previous FW version seem less troubled than recent .0200.

Legs lifting was an issue when upon landing the I2 lifted off one or two legs, kind of as if wanting to flip. It was very unnerving behaviour. But the.200 cured it.
Aaah, one or two motors throttling up after touch down? On level ground? That's indeed strange, although quite normal when attempting to land on a sloped terrain.

Aaah, one or two motors throttling up after touch down? On level ground? That's indeed strange, although quite normal when attempting to land on a sloped terrain.
It was doing it at random, sloping or level ground. It only started on the previous to .200 FW. Now it just plonks down and spools down. No fidgetting at all

Something strange to consider in all of this - I tried .0200 and it flew quite respectable for a few minutes - but then strange things started to happen - could not set spotlight mode, or exit tracking mode etc... and all of a sudden it started to go mad - ascended wildly , started a run directly for some trees, stopped abruptly etc - It just allowed a controlled soft landing as it was only about 20m high when it started. Video is really scary as it goes for the trees!!

Decided to take it back to .0100 - still did not want to fly properly, ignoring commands. What I then found with a lot of luck is that the Samsung S8 was not running the app properly. Went back to S4 - and still had issues. Then tried new installation of Go4 on S6 - as that is the only device I have which is on the "supported" list. what a pleasure - still on .0100 and latest app is still moaning about upgrade which is available but flying well. In between I also found that the RC USB connection with USB-C is flaky - tried 6 different cables to find one working.

So my question is simply - is it not other factors which differentiate one I2 from another? Is it not perhaps the type of mobile device used and the app installation that changes and that is why DJI is not responding - I think they are trying to say it is used in an uncontrolled environment therefore they do not want to enter into discussions? Just asking. We are seeing the 5 or 6 devices which are not functioning in this forum, yet there could be thousands out there with no problems. Wish they could just give some stats - they should define exactly what each user is using when flying properly and what they are using when it is going crazy like mine.

I think RotorWash is referring to unpredictability of some Inspire's behaviour, caused by numerous bugs introduced with both .0100 and .0200 FW. However, previous FW version seem less troubled than recent .0200.

yes Dobmatt, thats it, was referring to the hit & miss of 0200.. I apologise mmarian if it sounded like i was trivialising your issue.
I cant say ive ever heard of the landing gear raising uneavenly. This 0200 is full of surprises.
I guess if 0200 cures it it must be caused by fw and not a hardware issue.

I run 0200 mixed fw and it fly's the best it ever has.
0200 on its own gave me compass & landing gear errors also.

0200 has a totally new flight controller with dji trying to hide all the good stuff.
i think this is why it runs great on mine with 0110 flight controller module and all other modules from 0200.

When i ran 0100 it only lifted the legs upon landing if i had set it to do so.
So it seems like your one of the lucky ones with no 0200 issues. interesting.

Reactions: HarvestMoon
yes Dobmatt, thats it, was referring to the hit & miss of 0200.. I apologise mmarian if it sounded like i was trivialising your issue.
I cant say ive ever heard of the landing gear raising uneavenly. This 0200 is full of surprises.
I guess if 0200 cures it it must be caused by fw and not a hardware issue.

I run 0200 mixed fw and it fly's the best it ever has.
0200 on its own gave me compass & landing gear errors also.

0200 has a totally new flight controller with dji trying to hide all the good stuff.
i think this is why it runs great on mine with 0110 flight controller module and all other modules from 0200.

When i ran 0100 it only lifted the legs upon landing if i had set it to do so.
So it seems like your one of the lucky ones with no 0200 issues. interesting.
Not sure if we are talking about the same thing with legs. It is not that the landing gear was starting to transform to flying position upon touch down. It was like one or two motors spooling up at random causing the drone to lift one side, as if wanting to flip or something. I had to give it opposite stick command to bring the lifting legs back to the ground. It was unnerving and always unexpected. But it is not doing any of that on .200.

Not sure if we are talking about the same thing with legs. It is not that the landing gear was starting to transform to flying position. It was just like one or two motors spooling up causing the drone lift one one side wanting to flip or something. I had to use stick command to bring the lifting legs back to the ground by giving the drone opposit stick imput. It was unnerving and always unexpected. But it is not doing any of that on .200.

ok i see mmarian, sorry for the confusion. Mine does that on a slope as well but cant really notice it being worse when it was on 0100. However, from memory i think the start-up & shut-off times are longer in 0100. Glad 0200 solved it for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg