Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
I wonder if doing the battery compartment replacement yourself (The latches or ejectors break!) would give one the needed battery socket for accessing the battery terminals without dismantling the case?

.... I should have saved mine - ugh!

My thread certainly got hijacked at one point! But all for the better understanding of the batteries!

My original intention was to be able to use these batteries for custom builds as for all their shortcomings, DJI batteries tend to be quick power dense and reliable. So to answer my original question:

@Mad_angler1 Is it possible to actually USE the battery by shorting the 2 end pins with a 3.3k resistor and drawing power out of the other pins? Can you provide a more detailed diagram of the pinouts, properly labelling data, control, cells, etc. The colour coding is good, but you haven't covered all the pins in your explanation.

@Dobmatt Same question to you - can you use that adapter to actually draw large amounts of power from the battery? If I integrated that connector into a 3rd party airframe and spliced the other end into my ESC/Motor power circuit will it actually run a system? It's a "charging" cable so I doubt it is meant to carry large amounts of power the other way.

My thread certainly got hijacked at one point! But all for the better understanding of the batteries!

My original intention was to be able to use these batteries for custom builds as for all their shortcomings, DJI batteries tend to be quick power dense and reliable. So to answer my original question:

@Mad_angler1 Is it possible to actually USE the battery by shorting the 2 end pins with a 3.3k resistor and drawing power out of the other pins? Can you provide a more detailed diagram of the pinouts, properly labelling data, control, cells, etc. The colour coding is good, but you haven't covered all the pins in your explanation.

@Dobmatt Same question to you - can you use that adapter to actually draw large amounts of power from the battery? If I integrated that connector into a 3rd party airframe and spliced the other end into my ESC/Motor power circuit will it actually run a system? It's a "charging" cable so I doubt it is meant to carry large amounts of power the other way.
Never had the opportunity nor desire to use TB50 battery for powering anything else than Inspire 2/Matrice 200, but I would say yes. The only obstacle is wiring gauge, which you can't alter. I'm using this adapter to quickly discharge the battery, powering 24V halogen bulb as a load. It's quite volatile process, I'm guessing the discharge current is significant.

hey have yo got any updates on this ?? i'm trying to use these batteries for custom builds too

hey have yo got any updates on this ?? i'm trying to use these batteries for custom builds too
Please be aware that all DJI batteries are internally equipped with sophisticated circuitry to control the state of discharge and many other aspects of safely handling LiPO properties. Why would you risk damaging such expensive device, which - by design - must communicate with load? In Inspire 2 - for example - there's an equally complex circuitry between the battery and load, mounted on front wall of battery compartment.

Please be aware that all DJI batteries are internally equipped with sophisticated circuitry to control the state of discharge and many other aspects of safely handling LiPO properties. Why would you risk damaging such expensive device, which - by design - must communicate with load? In Inspire 2 - for example - there's an equally complex circuitry between the battery and load, mounted on front wall of battery compartment.
Because at the end of the day it is just a LiPo. I think you are overstating the sophistication here. It is literally just a battery management chip on-board the LiPo and power distrubtion on the other side. Nothing any drone designer or custom builder doesn't know about. And at the end of the day all the power comes out of the battery via the small terminal pins on the connector, so tapping into that shouldn't be an issue.

And the battery *SHOULD* only output as much power as is being drawn. I want to know if you can pull in-flight-levels of current through that adapter cable or if the BMS limits it for some reason.

Last edited:
Is this the cable you are referring to? We recommend to everyone because if you are letting your remote controller keep your mobile device charged, its nice to top off your remote controller from used TB50s after you land.

Inspire 2 Remote Controller Charging Cable
Any chance you guys could test if the barrel connector simply spits out the roughly 25V full voltage of the battery?
And can you pull a large amount of current throughit (disregarding the wire gauge)? (ie to check the battery isn't limitting itself because it can't detect a DJI drone)

Any chance you guys could test if the barrel connector simply spits out the roughly 25V full voltage of the battery?
And can you pull a large amount of current throughit (disregarding the wire gauge)? (ie to check the battery isn't limitting itself because it can't detect a DJI drone)
The voltage measured at barrel connector is exactly the voltage battery is at. To measure maximum acceptable draw more elaborate experimentation is needed, but I can confirm that 6-7A is not a problem.

About turn on TB50, 3.3K resistor is not work, anyone have solution?
And i need use TB50, max current of TB50 ?
thanks everyone!

About turn on TB50, 3.3K resistor is not work, anyone have solution?
And i need use TB50, max current of TB50 ?
thanks everyone!
Read post #40. Maximum draw will be somehow limited by wire size, you must experiment if it's not getting too hot ...

Did anyone figure out how to turn this battery on after discovering the 3.3k resistor didn't work on the two end pins?

Urrr, no, that’s not the Pinout answer.
that’s saying to use the charge cable.
FWIW I pulled apart a charge cable anyway.

And it looks complex. Any experts here can tell us how it works?

200CE012-39B2-4467-ABB2-125083FD5C02.jpeg

Yes, the answer is in this thread ... actually just above your post ...

Urrr, no, that’s not the Pinout answer.
that’s saying to use the charge cable.
FWIW I pulled apart a charge cable anyway.

And it looks complex. Any experts here can tell us how it works?

View attachment 29825
Hmm, your question was "how to turn TB50 battery on" and this is my answer. Simply ignore it and find another way ...

Ok
The battery didn’t have any voltage to any of the pins without attaching a connector. I’d like to find out what’s happening when that connector is attached and it’s more than just bridging pin 11/12 with a resistor.
there’s a voltage regulator in there and a small IC which must be used for something too.
cheers

Hmm, your question was "how to turn TB50 battery on" and this is my answer. Simply ignore it and find another way ...

Ok
The battery didn’t have any voltage to any of the pins without attaching a connector. I’d like to find out what’s happening when that connector is attached and it’s more than just bridging pin 11/12 with a resistor.
there’s a voltage regulator in there and a small IC which must be used for something too.
cheers
I simply don't know. All I know is that I can pull a significant current to quickly discharge TB50/55 batteries for storage with Angel device, when needed. The discharge drain is quite rapid, perhaps the equivalent of a power required by hovering Inspire. I never bother to measure this current though ...

Attachments

• TB50 TB55 pinout.png
    TB50 TB55 pinout.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop