Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Thermal Camera..maybe..someday?

I would like to buy this platform for all my photo and video needs because I can't afford the M200.

But what about for inspections, no can do!

Will there be in the near future a compatible thermal camera for the inspire 2 like the zenmuse xt?

Thanks for your input.

Unauthorized advertising removed by moderator.

Attachments

• IMG_20170622_110005.jpg
    IMG_20170622_110005.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
I hear you. Its easy for big companies with deep pockets to buy 2 or 3 platforms with extra batteries and the most sophisticated camera gear but for the 90% of us trying to buy one do-it-all upgradable platform, is very hard. Unless you have the technical knowhow to build your own.

I recently contacted a Natural Gas Co in my area to inquire about flying their right of ways for tree branches and other overgrowth. Apparently these right of ways are flown 6 times a year with helicopters(very expensive). They were intrigued, but said if I could provide gas detection, that would be worth my coming in for a chat. I priced the latest and greatest small gas detection camera(3.1Lbs.) and a uav(built around the camera) to handle it with all the software/hardware to go with it..................$89,695.00. flight time only 15 to 20 min. too.....Whata...Whata.....
Very serious business here. I might see if I can land a contract....pre-purchase. Very scary business here. Very serious money here.

Hello Freedom55 and everyone else.

I represent www.dronexpert.nl and we make a gimbal designed to accept the FLIR VUE line of sensors, and mount on the back of the Inspire 1 or 2. I would be very glad to chat with anyone who would like to know more. The Inspire 1 can power the gimbal internally, while the I2 requires a 6s external pack, as you can see.

Best part - real time telemetry from both thermal and visual sensors!

Thank you for your interest. I welcome your questions.

_DSC4765.jpg _DSC4773.jpg IMG_0085.JPG

Hello Freedom55 and everyone else.

I represent www.dronexpert.nl and we make a gimbal designed to accept the FLIR VUE line of sensors, and mount on the back of the Inspire 1 or 2. I would be very glad to chat with anyone who would like to know more. The Inspire 1 can power the gimbal internally, while the I2 requires a 6s external pack, as you can see.

Best part - real time telemetry from both thermal and visual sensors!

Thank you for your interest. I welcome your questions.

View attachment 15483 View attachment 15484 View attachment 15485
Very interesting!

Looking for FLIR G300a mount on anything less expensive than a $41,195 drone from Switzerland.
But I do like the option of other FLIRs on the I2.....................

Yeah, that's a bit bigger than what we're carrying.

For thermal work, I believe I can claim to be, by far, the least expensive way to get two sensors in the air at the same time. US customers can specify the 30hz FLIR models, because I perform the final assembly domestically.

Inspire 2 with FLIR solution, full gimbal and camera sensor ground control capability, dual controller setup - Drones Plus Dallas | Same-Day Repair

M600 with ICI infrared camera support and full gimbal plus camera ground control capability, this product allows for all of the ICI, IR USB cameras to integrate onto a M600 or their industrial drone the HALO and provides dual camera integration, visible plus IR - Sensor Control Module | Thermal Infrared UAV Remote Management System | Infrared Cameras Inc.

ICI has the only non FLIR color gas detection camera, Mirage HC, on the market which meets API specs, and it is capable of mounting on either their HALO drone (fully DJI A3 compatible and uses DJI controllers) or an M600 - Mirage HC | Optical Gas Imaging (OGI) Calibrated Thermal Camera with Temperature Measurement | Infrared Cameras Inc.

Either ICI or Copter Source can integrate these ICI products onto an M600 - Collections

I hope this information helps our forum members who are looking for IR solutions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondZogue