Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Ultimaxx Case...stinks (literally)

Reaction score
I purchased an Ultimaxx rolling case for my I2 in late October...while I find it rugged and very functional the precut foam liner stinks terribly...apparently the type of foam they use outgasses and the smell is quite strong.

b854a6938d17b50033efd386cb63c73a.jpg

Any input on how to cure this (no, I don’t want to buy another case lol)...?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I purchased an Ultimaxx rolling case for my I2 in late October...while I find it rugged and very functional the precut foam liner stinks terribly...apparently the type of foam they use outgasses and the smell is quite strong.

Thanks!
Leave it open in a ‘relatively’ warm environment for up to two weeks (yes it really can take that long for the VOCS to Off-Gas)

Will do...and if the odor is still significant after that I’ll hit it w/some Febreze fabric spray!

Tnx!

Thanks!

Rangemaster728...
Please take cure also of your Amazon review!
"It t didn’t smell so bad I’d give it 5 stars."

I contacted Ultimaxx...they essentially said the same thing...

“Thank you for your purchase and for contacting Ultimaxx
Im sorry to hear that there is a smell to your case please try to leave it open and outside to let it air out the smell does go away.”

Next time I buy a case I’ll try a ‘sniff test’ first lol...

It’s just difficult in NW Oregon this time of year (read ‘continual rain’) to find a place outside that’s under cover.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry