Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 v Inspire 1 Pro v Inspire 2 Pro (?????)

Reaction score
So....

The new Inspire 2 looks good, with the double battery and internal heating ,etc. The new 20Mp M43 gamble also looks good. So the question is this.....

Do I upgrade My Inspire 1 Pro Black for the Inspire 2, or keep the Pro Black and hold out to see if they bring in an Inspire 2 Pro in the next few weeks.

You still have time to consider your options. Personally, I am thinking of upgrading to an Inspire 1 Professional as the X 5 R camera is something I wanted on a UAV for some time. Of course, many of the updates on the Inspire 2 look pretty exciting. I like the idea of the additional sensors. Got much to choose from this holiday season. The Inspire 2 may win out.

Reactions: Cgland
So....

The new Inspire 2 looks good, with the double battery and internal heating ,etc. The new 20Mp M43 gamble also looks good. So the question is this.....

Do I upgrade My Inspire 1 Pro Black for the Inspire 2, or keep the Pro Black and hold out to see if they bring in an Inspire 2 Pro in the next few weeks.

If you're not in a rush I'd hold out and see If they bring in the Pro-I2, this ones amazing.So I'lol throw out an assumption and say that the Pro-I2 would be killer..

Osh

Are we sure that there's going to be a Professional of the Inspire 2? The only thing that made the Inspire 1 professional Professional, was the upgraded camera. You can already choose between a good model and a killer model for the Inspire 2, without it being labled "Pro" just because you do.

Not sure about thie pro label this time but DJI might surprise me. I think $7000 including SSD is "Pro" enough.

Reactions: Cgland
What do you expect from the "pro" version? this inspire 2 got everything everybody (on the forums at least :p) wished for.

Better camera, avoidence, FPV cam, double battery.
They only thing that is missing, is 6 props instead of 4 :p

Don't believe that there is a rush of any sort - it's just an announcement and open for pre-orders.
When stock becomes actually becomes available is an entirely different matter, as is the stage at which the firmware and app are sufficiently bug-free.

I will never discount further improvements to the Inspire2. We continue to innovate our craft. Right now it will be difficult finding a competitor that has the same features.

I for one will NOT be upgrading from my original version of the Inspire 1 any time soon. It works just fine for what I use it for (images for web use, and great 4k video).

Unless you are planning on doing giant posters of your still shots, or you are a professional cinematographer with unlimited funds to spend, or for some reason you need the added help in flying your drone, I'd just stick with what you have now. I love technology, but what sucks is it evolves so fast that by the time you pay off one thing, the new toy comes out. There will always be something new on the horizon. Just get comfortable with what you have. I'm still using my two Nikon D3s for my on-the-ground work. I'd love to have a D5, but I can still get great photography from the D3s. It's not necessarily what you use sometimes that matters, but always how you use it!

I will never discount further improvements to the Inspire2. We continue to innovate our craft. Right now it will be difficult finding a competitor that has the same features.

Ed- How long did you demo/test the I2? Curious if you feel it is very stable in terms of software/firmware. How is it in the high altitude Sierra Nevada?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There will be no "Pro" version.
This platform give sufficient variations with users able to unlock codecs should they need them or not.
the reason I didn't buy the i1 v2 with the z3 camera was the flight time was, to me, too short. now the i2 is announced , it extended the flight time to a decent amount of time, but now, don't have a zoom camera to do my critical shots., so I'm still in the same predicament.
edit: I did find the zoom in the x5s options but have to get a zoom lens that is compatible and they have several listed. sorry for my misunderstanding !

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD