Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 will be released on November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree... these would better be called a v3 upgrade in many ways...
BUT calling it Inspire 2 v1 is a fair claim by DJI... ;)

The possible dual 4500mah (?) batteries (I'm assuming legal limits and better battery tech) and obstacle avoidance (mainly for it's RTH blindly need) has me very interested and paying attn... o_O

BUT... just like when the Inspire 1 first came out (way back when)...
It will be some time between announcement... and being able to obtain one next day air with a phone call and a CC number...
I remember those days... trying to get one... then it all going to heck (see sig)... :mad:

My guess is... these are just recently rolling down the current I1 assy line...
So... supply should be coming in short order... (Likely ISO containers in route now to markets)
Maybe late this year... the pipeline will be stocked up... and prices be at suggested retail...

Cameras... I would expect nothing new... key is they keep the interface the same...
So it's easy to swap on an older X3,Z3,X5,XT still...
Also the possibility to reuse current travel cases and such is compelling and smart on their part...
Being able to buy a full setup with everything but no camera would be popular with many folks (myself included)

Again... I will not be an early buyer... lesson learned... :p
BUT I will be watching... :cool:

Reactions: ash223
I agree... these would better be called a v3 upgrade in many ways...
BUT calling it Inspire 2 v1 is a fair claim by DJI... ;)

The possible dual 4500mah (?) batteries (I'm assuming legal limits and better battery tech) and obstacle avoidance (mainly for it's RTH blindly need) has me very interested and paying attn... o_O

BUT... just like when the Inspire 1 first came out (way back when)...
It will be some time between announcement... and being able to obtain one next day air with a phone call and a CC number...
I remember those days... trying to get one... then it all going to heck (see sig)... :mad:

My guess is... these are just recently rolling down the current I1 assy line...
So... supply should be coming in short order... (Likely ISO containers in route now to markets)
Maybe late this year... the pipeline will be stocked up... and prices be at suggested retail...

Cameras... I would expect nothing new... key is they keep the interface the same...
So it's easy to swap on an older X3,Z3,X5,XT still...
Also the possibility to reuse current travel cases and such is compelling and smart on their part...
Being able to buy a full setup with everything but no camera would be popular with many folks (myself included)

Again... I will not be an early buyer... lesson learned... :p
BUT I will be watching... :cool:
According to the FCC documents that dimensions changed slightly in the i2. Only minor changes but that might require some cutting of the foam in some cases I imaging .
I think they might update the X5r camera a bit and make the work flow easier since it's quite complicated and time consuming at the moment .

Edit:
According to the fcc docs:
measured approximately: 470 mm (L) x 440 mm (W) x 330 mm(H)
Current inspire:
438x451x301 mm
--> Inspire 2 is a bit longer and taller

Last edited:
I am not as excited about the i2 as when they released the x5 cameras. The i1 still flies beautifully and flight times are not an issue for the work I do. Although I welcome dual batteries for sure, and I guess obstacle avoidance could be a nice feature if it is 360.

With the camera I dont see them bringing out anything new, the x5r is truly remarkable still and untouchable in a sub 7kg. A full 360 rotating gimbal version would be nice as the lack of full 360 motion has caught a cam op out a couple of times.

Obviously like everyone else I am very intrigued to what technology has been packed into the i2, but for now I am very very happy with my i1 and x5r.

Reactions: ash223
I am not as excited about the i2 as when they released the x5 cameras. The i1 still flies beautifully and flight times are not an issue for the work I do. Although I welcome dual batteries for sure, and I guess obstacle avoidance could be a nice feature if it is 360.

With the camera I dont see them bringing out anything new, the x5r is truly remarkable still and untouchable in a sub 7kg. A full 360 rotating gimbal version would be nice as the lack of full 360 motion has caught a cam op out a couple of times.

Obviously like everyone else I am very intrigued to what technology has been packed into the i2, but for now I am very very happy with my i1 and x5r.

is your I1 first gen or V2 and what are fligzt times and did you do a bat or bird mod for extra flight times?
what are flight times with first gen I1 and x5r?
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is your I1 first gen or V2 and what are fligzt times and did you do a bat or bird mod for extra flight times?
what are flight times with first gen I1 and x5r?
:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the first generation i1. No battery mods on it. I get 10-12mins flight time depending if I use a tb47 or tb48 respectively.

Reactions: Phatzo and ash223
Since I am looking for an upgrade from my Phantom 3&4 I will again be one of the foolish early adopters :)

Since I am looking for an upgrade from my Phantom 3&4 I will again be one of the foolish early adopters :)
It wont be foolish to because its more like a v3.0
So there will be less manufacturing difficulties
But anything can happen with dji

Reactions: Pilotnumber1
I have found a great deal on eBay from a certified full warranty DJI-dealer with a 800 dollar discount (compared to DJI.com) on the Inspire 1 RAW, 2 controllers + 2 SSDs combo.

What's holding me back: I never owned the Inspire 1. Is it a great craft? And also.. If there's an updated X5 camera coming up with 120 mbit+ bitrate I don't really need the RAW capabilities. Any kind of information to be shed here... The Editor.. maybe a little wink if that could be the case? :rolleyes:

I'm not really in a hurry to get this combo, I won't be doing serious business until at least 6 months for now. The earlier I get it though, the more stuff I can do to promote myself. I would get the Osmo handle for the camera as well, and that I would certainly put to use at once for various independent projects. What makes me even consider this offer is the price. $5699 shipped.

I have found a great deal on eBay from a certified full warranty DJI-dealer with a 800 dollar discount (compared to DJI.com) on the Inspire 1 RAW, 2 controllers + 2 SSDs combo.

What's holding me back: I never owned the Inspire 1. Is it a great craft? And also.. If there's an updated X5 camera coming up with 120 mbit+ bitrate I don't really need the RAW capabilities. Any kind of information to be shed here... The Editor.. maybe a little wink if that could be the case? :rolleyes:

I'm not really in a hurry to get this combo, I won't be doing serious business until at least 6 months for now. The earlier I get it though, the more stuff I can do to promote myself. I would get the Osmo handle for the camera as well, and that I would certainly put to use at once for various independent projects. What makes me even consider this offer is the price. $5699 shipped.
Just don't the battery life is pretty terrible, 5699 is pretty much the new inspire 2 is rumoured to be 2500 usd so at least wait for two or three more days.

I'm expecting it to be Uk £3k plus, id be expecting the same state side $2700+, would not be shocked at over $3200 tbh.

I would suggest you wait until we have a good idea what is coming out.
I have always thought that the dual battery idea was very needed as the weight and value of the payload went up.
Redundancy and Flight times should improve...
The other rumored features like obstacle avoidance are huge... as far as saving the payload and craft when... not if... things go awry...
I have always thought the X5R needed a higher feature drone to carry it.
Sounds like DJI is about to address the need... So wait

Guys.......you won't be disappointed is all I can say. (Well, some might be there's no pleasing everybody :p)
The I2 is worth the wait.....................
I'm NDA'd so really, REALLY can't say another thing!!!!

Can't wait.

But some will moan regardless.

Reactions: NoSung7
Guys.......you won't be disappointed is all I can say. (Well, some might be there's no pleasing everybody :p)
Haha more teasing until the day comes. At the least it is a positive sign!

I hope so, I'm guessing for you to say that it must have something more than dual batteries and collision avoidance because that isn't really that big a deal.
1080p Lightbridge, still doesn't do a whole lot.

So its really going to come down to enhanced performance or some kind of new camera system.
Possibly something to make it legally flyable over people (if such a thing exists). Eh eh?
Maybe it detaches in half or something so you can use it like a Ronin.

Zoom.
Therrmal
10 bit @ 100 MBPS at sane money are all obvious improvements which can be made, either in cost, or availability.
Will we finally get a hasselblad sensor, and a nice 24+mp readout for photo/3D etc.

Arrgh!

Going to be a long 48 hours!
I'm sure I have covered it above, I just do not know which bits I am right on!

Last edited:
I mean, upgrades for the aircraft, fine that's great. It's awesome. But unless the cameras are upgrades as well I'm not sure I'll go for it. Why cant they do the solution BMPCC has? Prores @ 200mbit 1080p, 10 bit. Would be sweet heaven..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde