Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 will be released on November 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sort of disappointed in the Z3 camera still being only 12MP at this date in tech time. I get too much pixelization with that size even in the P4 which is also a 12MP. Not much area for cropping either.

I was hoping for at least 16MP like my phone which does a much better job on photos against the 12MP drone's camera, imho. Today a 12MP camera seems so floppy-disk era now. The X5/X5R should be bumped to at least 20MP too (The X5R seems just a firmware unlock over the X5 to accept RAW/DNG, but the price difference!).

115224g3pqfzjz8rz42h84-1.png

Guys take a look, luckily i'm chinese.
This is a leaked dji care program for the new drones.
Apparently there maybe phantom 4 pro too
New gimbals are X4S and X5S.
Look at dji being a greedy little b*tch,
The more expensive the drone the less covered,
what an honorable company (not)
So the inspire 2 gimbals will have to purchase dji care separately
Last sentence is something like all you have to do is send it back and they will send you a new (most likely refurbished, cuz they are greedy) one or something
To be honest dji care is nothing you would want to purchase in my opinion. Get an insurance policy from an insurance company instead if you want your equipment to be insured. You are right dji care is a money maker for dji but you don't have to get it.

Hopefully the Inspire 2 Release isn't as disappointing as the new MacBook Pro's from Apple. Adapter you to death lol. So does dual battery mean you have to use two at a time to keep balance? If so why not just make one battery bigger and provide the same charge?

Hopefully the Inspire 2 Release isn't as disappointing as the new MacBook Pro's from Apple. Adapter you to death lol. So does dual battery mean you have to use two at a time to keep balance? If so why not just make one battery bigger and provide the same charge?
I would assume that you need two batteries to fly. If one battery fails while it is supplying power to the drone for example you have the second one as a backup/redundancy in case the first one has a bad battery cell etc. This is one reason. Another reason is if the battery has a higher capacity regulations for carry on on a flight will prohibit/allow only a certain amount of batteries, while lower capacity ones can be unlimited.

Reactions: Sky Pictures
I'm sort of disappointed in the Z3 camera still being only 12MP at this date in tech time. I get too much pixelization with that size even in the P4 which is also a 12MP. Not much area for cropping either.

I was hoping for at least 16MP like my phone which does a much better job on photos against the 12MP drone's camera, imho. Today a 12MP camera seems so floppy-disk era now. The X5/X5R should be bumped to at least 20MP too (The X5R seems just a firmware unlock over the X5 to accept RAW/DNG, but the price difference!).
IMO the amount of pixels on that small of sensor does not matter. I think even 8 MP would be sufficent for it's size, any more pixels and it just gets noisy, not improved.

I can assure you the X5R is not a "firmware upgrade". Just study it's anatomics and the fact that it carries an SSD on board and you'll realize that yourself. DJI probably had to pay quite some money for a chip being able to provide that kind of processing power more than 12 months ago for that small piece of gear, handling 720p streaming simultaneously.

one battery fails while it is supplying power to the drone for example you have the second one as a backup/redundancy in case the first one has a bad battery cell etc. This is one reason. Another reason is if the battery has a higher capacity regulations for carry on on a flight will prohibit/allow only a certain amount of batteries, while lower capacity ones can be unlimited.

10 points to his guy

Battery capacity is an issue for flight restrictions.

Well i would say if dji starts being sensible they will use new mft sensor for the X5S which must be a 20.2MP sensor from sony, same sensor as the gh5 and oem mark ii and the xiaomi yi camera

Reactions: MainlyPro
I

I would also like to see 20 mp in the new I2 Pro

Reactions: MainlyPro
IMO the amount of pixels on that small of sensor does not matter. I think even 8 MP would be sufficent for it's size, any more pixels and it just gets noisy, not improved.

Disagree. If you ever shot with an older Nikon like a D700 (12MP) and then moved up into their D810 (36MP) line you would notice the immediate difference. Noise went down, while the dynamic range went up by 2 1/2 stops! The cropping factor is also nice with the larger sensor. Tech marched on with far better performance.

Here's the sensor comparison: Nikon D810 vs Nikon D700 | DxOMark

As to the SSD card of the X5R and the associated cost, does the Inspire 1 while recording have enough fight time on the battery to justify even using the SSD? Just curious as it seems overkill for the short flight time where a fast SD card could be used and swapped out. I can put quite a few flights as well as batteries on a 32GB micro-SD, or larger, and for a lot less money.

Disagree. If you ever shot with an older Nikon like a D700 (12MP) and then moved up into their D810 (36MP) line you would notice the immediate difference. Noise went down, while the dynamic range went up by 2 1/2 stops! The cropping factor is also nice with the larger sensor. Tech marched on with far better performance.

As to the SSD card of the X5R and the associated cost, does the Inspire 1 while recording have enough fight time on the battery to justify even using the SSD? Just curious as it seems overkill for the short flight time where a fast SD card could be used and swapped out. I can put quite a few flights as well as batteries on a 32GB micro-SD, or larger, and for a lot less money.
OT - can we keep this about the Inspire 2 announcement please?

Thanks

Those cameras have full format sensors. Of course they will benefit from more megapixels. The Z3 that you were talking about have a 1/2,3 size sensor and that was what I was referring to when I said it wont matter if they bump it to 20 mp.

I would also like to see 20mp on the X5S MFT sensor. In a matter of hours we'll find out, about 11 hours from now (11.30 pacific), 20.30 GMT.

Honestly I'd go that kind of 1080p over the regular X5's 60mbps 4K any day..

But what I mean is that if that kind of bitrate was possible in 2013 when the BMPCC was developed, there's got to be some sweet solution for the X5 and 4K, if only DJI wants to give it to us.

Sony A7s II and Panasonic GH4 both have 100/MBs 4K.

I'm hoping that the Inspire 2's new camera(s) have at least this standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669