Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 wire broken landing gear motor

Reaction score
Hey all, bought an inspire 2 with x4s on Craigslist for $800. Had a broken arm and a scratched GPS cover which I have sense replaced. However, while fixing the arm I didn't remove the landing gear motor plug from the main frame, which resulted in one of the wires to break off of the plug. Was wondering if this might be something I can repair, or if anyone knows where I could just get the black landing gear motor instead of the whole middle frame assembly. Even if it's used. Here is a picture of the issue :

Hey all, bought an inspire 2 with x4s on Craigslist for $800. Had a broken arm and a scratched GPS cover which I have sense replaced. However, while fixing the arm I didn't remove the landing gear motor plug from the main frame, which resulted in one of the wires to break off of the plug. Was wondering if this might be something I can repair, or if anyone knows where I could just get the black landing gear motor instead of the whole middle frame assembly. Even if it's used. Here is a picture of the issue :
Yes, it can be repaired but you will need reasonably proficient soldering skills.
The pins should be individually removable and then you can strip and resolver the wire to the pin.

Yes, it can be repaired but you will need reasonably proficient soldering skills.
The pins should be individually removable and then you can strip and resolver the wire to the pin.
This job requires a special crimping tool. Those small pins are usually not soldered.

I have soldered them lots of times as well. But, if that is not in your skill set.... maybe ask an electronics hobbyist to help. Failing that.. buy a cable replacement.
Not sure why you asked about buying a new motor though...

I have soldered them lots of times as well. But, if that is not in your skill set.... maybe ask an electronics hobbyist to help. Failing that.. buy a cable replacement.
Not sure why you asked about buying a new motor though...
Why are people in here even suggesting the soldering method. Crimping tool is the right tool for this job. If solder gets where it is not suppose to get, he can forget about fixing the wire. The pin could not be put back into its hole. Plus buying a crimping tool is cheeper than buying a decent soldering equipment. Anyway, do not take me too seriously, just listen to the 'experts' who have done it many times with solder.....

cheaper..... birds cheep
crimp tools can be expensive, not to mention getting the right size insert is often a challenge.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide