Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 won’t take of with compass error whilst other DJI products do.

Likewise - every new location requires compass calibration. I am only flying in remote regions, well away from any human created interference. Didn't used to occur - software glitch that should have been rectified months ago.

I take a small folding aluminium picnic table with me. I find that if I can get 2-3’ off the deck it’s enough to placate a troubled compass on i2. This has worked for me on 30,000 ton steel vessel as well as on the dock.
I had a similar situation on a 100 ft steel barge. Sort of by accident my VO who is 6ft 2, Held our back up P4 PRO above his head and we were able to hand launch. So we found a wooden table that was just high enough to launch the P4 from. The I2 we had to launch from the shore, which was fine for the given assignment. We just did not have a high enough table or non ferrous platform for the I2. We also did not have any of the safety gear to Hand Launch the I2 from the ship. Once airborne I could fly 2-3 feet above the superstructure of the barge and everything came out great. Next time we will bring one of these buildable sturdy plastic shelves we can get to 6 ft or so in case a plastic folding table is not high enough. I do trust when the compass is not happy I am not going to take off even if it let me...its a bummer but better that than a crash. Still looking for other safe work arounds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla