Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 worth it in 2020?

HMS

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the inspire forum and I have had experience with flying DJI drones. I am thinking about trying Inspire 2 and I wanted your help as you have more experience in the inspire series that I do.

I am wondering how much would a used inspire 2 with the x4s camera cost? Or at least in what range the price would be.

I saw some individuals selling I2 with x4s for $1600 and found some that are $2300 and more.

I appreciate your advice on this.

Thank you

Hello,

I am new to the inspire forum and I have had experience with flying DJI drones. I am thinking about trying Inspire 2 and I wanted your help as you have more experience in the inspire series that I do.

I am wondering how much would a used inspire 2 with the x4s camera cost? Or at least in what range the price would be.

I saw some individuals selling I2 with x4s for $1600 and found some that are $2300 and more.

Thank you
For what kind of job? The x4s is with 1" sensor (20mp) and you can do the same with mavic 2 pro. The mavic is lighter and easier to transport and deploy. The Inspire 2 is upgradeable, you can later get x7 and prores or raw support while mavic is not.

Hello,

Thank you
Have you tried typing in ‘Inspire 2 for sale’ in the search field?
This will give you classified listings and a guide as to what people are selling them for.

Any large disparity in price will likely be the Pro Res / CinemaDng licenses which may be included on the higher priced aircraft.

For what kind of job? The x4s is with 1" sensor (20mp) and you can do the same with mavic 2 pro. The mavic is lighter and easier to transport and deploy. The Inspire 2 is upgradeable, you can later get x7 and prores or raw support while mavic is not.
Thank you for the information!

Reactions: Phillip DeVore
Have you tried typing in ‘Inspire 2 for sale’ in the search field?
This will give you classified listings and a guide as to what people are selling them for.

Any large disparity in price will likely be the Pro Res / CinemaDng licenses which may be included on the higher priced aircraft.
I searched the classified listing but I was not sure if the $1600 or so for the Inspire 2 with x4s camera and three batteries is worth it or not.

• Wow
I’ve got both the x5s and x4s cameras for my Inspire 2 and I definitely recommend getting the x5s if you can afford it. You’re able to swap lenses with the x5s and there’s lots of quality lenses out there. I’ve got a couple Olympus lenses (25&45mm) and personally I think they’re much better than the DJI lenses. I’ve also got a Laowa 7.5mm wide angle lens I use for landscape photography.
The x4s takes very good pictures and videos and I kept it for backup to my x5s, just in case!
It really depends on how much you’re wanting to spend.

Reactions: HMS
I searched the classified listing but I was not sure if the $1600 or so for the Inspire 2 with x4s camera and three batteries is worth it or not.
I’d be very careful with that because it sounds too good to be true.
The x4s camera alone is worth around $450, batteries sell for $150 each, and the Inspire 2 sells for $2999 refurbished.
Something just doesn’t make sense with that advertisement!! Be very careful when purchasing a used Inspire2!!
I’ve got the Inspire 2 that I purchased in 2017 and I wouldn’t sell just the aircraft without any camera for less than $2000. The x5s camera is worth more than a thousand dollars!

Last edited:
Reactions: HMS
I’ve got both the x5s and x4s cameras for my Inspire 2 and I definitely recommend getting the x5s if you can afford it. You’re able to swap lenses with the x5s and there’s lots of quality lenses out there. I’ve got a couple Olympus lenses (25&45mm) and personally I think they’re much better than the DJI lenses. I’ve also got a Laowa 7.5mm wide angle lens I use for landscape photography.
The x4s takes very good pictures and videos and I kept it for backup to my x5s, just in case!
It really depends on how much you’re wanting to spend.

I appreciate your response. I agree. I was thinking I’d get started with the x4s and then move to the x5s when the budget permits.

I’d be very careful with that because it sounds too good to be true.
The x4s camera alone is worth around $450, batteries sell for $150 each, and the Inspire 2 sells for $2999 refurbished.
Something just doesn’t make sense with that advertisement!! Be very careful when purchasing a used Inspire2!!
I’ve got the Inspire 2 that I purchased in 2017 and I wouldn’t sell just the aircraft without any camera for less than $2000. The x5s camera is worth more than a thousand dollars!
That’s exactly what made me come ask here because i was hesitant to go with the price. And I appreciate your input on this. I was thinking that x4s is not desired and that’s why the price is reduced, but now I think it’s suspicious for sure.

That’s exactly what made me come ask here because i was hesitant to go with the price. And I appreciate your input on this. I was thinking that x4s is not desired and that’s why the price is reduced, but now I think it’s suspicious for sure.
Only go with the Inspire 2 if your primary focus is going to be making quality video's / photographs. If you want to do any kind of other work you'll be deeply frustrated and disappointed.

I do mapping missions and I have come to prefer my I2 with X4S for mapping. It is much more visible when doing larger properties. High winds not a problem either. As others have mentioned it comes down to what you are trying to accomplish. I have had mine for several years. The fact is when I purchased it, I did not really need to purchase it. But fast forward a couple of years and I am glad I have it and prefer it over my P4P for visibility and camera flexibility (I only have the X4S and X5S cameras). I got a really good deal on a used one so that is why i bought it.

I do mapping missions and I have come to prefer my I2 with X4S for mapping. It is much more visible when doing larger properties. High winds not a problem either. As others have mentioned it comes down to what you are trying to accomplish. I have had mine for several years. The fact is when I purchased it, I did not really need to purchase it. But fast forward a couple of years and I am glad I have it and prefer it over my P4P for visibility and camera flexibility (I only have the X4S and X5S cameras). I got a really good deal on a used one so that is why i bought it.
Couldn't agree more, the Inspire 2 is a great mapping or survey video platform.
Your comment on visibility I agree.... I can spot it nicely and oddly it doesn't "stand out" to Lemmings walking in the area as the iconic "drone" of disturbance. I personally like it for city construction survey or video loops around block of construction. The Dual battery and ability to heat the batteries are plus points in an area least desired to descend unintentionally. A minor opinion, it has a much more professional appearance... and people tend to assume "work related" compared to "play related".

The Camera options are also great. The X4S is the exact same camera as the P4P with mechanical up to 1/2000's, the MFT X5S allows the sharp 12mm M.Zuiko for wide video work, and the X7 provides a mechanical shutter up to 1000/s; and the FF S35 sensor provides large images in both stills & video. Incidentally the Laowa 9mm wide angle works great on the X7. The camera & lens options are plentiful with the I2.

The X4S is just starting to become a treasure hunt, if you're enjoying the X4S for mapping you might consider a 2nd.

My fall-back for some projects is the M2P / Z... the small platform at times is more comfortable to send in: high winds, risky crane navigation, etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth