Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 zoom camera

I believe the added weight of the longer lenses puts the gimbal out of balance, which can only be compensated with more weight...argh. Perhaps I'm wrong??

Well I have a thought on that which I can't verify anywhere:
Small light sensors only need small light zoom lenses.
Big light sensors, like in the X5 camera, need prettig big and heavy zoom lenses.
Here it comes: why doesn't anybody make make a converter ring to adapt a small light weight (power) zoom lens to a camera with a large light sensor. Then you will have to crop the image a lot to match the small lens, but it will be no worse than starting out with a small sensor and lens camera anyway. And you will have the big advantage of optical zoom, which is by far better than digital zoom (for inspection purposes).
So is it possible to adapt a small 30x zoom lens to a X5 camera and crop the image?

Reactions: Donnie Frank
just had a response from DJI confirming that the z30 won't be able to be used. I know all the others cameras wouldn't work but hoped this might. The other point is that they were not aware of any other zoom cameras being prepared for inspire 2.

With the added stability, obstacle avoidance etc it's quite well placed for inspection work, it just needs a camera or lens with a good zoom.
The Inspire 1 with a Z3 might be a solution...the camera has been selling (cheaper than $900) on eBay...it's not a Z30 but that would involve purchasing a M600

they are very stupid to bring out all those previous cameras, z30 , z3 , XT camera and then make a state of the are drone and have them redundant. Very very poor thought process there. I am sure they could make an adapter if they really wanted to, as the previous cameras mentioned are all self recording and dont need the I2 internals for camera recording like the new ones made for the I2.
OR
Its a massive money grab AGAIN like making different batteries for the M100 to the M600 and inspire, that just screams greed to me.
It's become senseless to purchase DJI gear with any hope of long term use and adaptability. It's become wiser to lag a year and purchase for 50 cents on the dollar.

they are very stupid to bring out all those previous cameras, z30 , z3 , XT camera and then make a state of the are drone and have them redundant. Very very poor thought process there. I am sure they could make an adapter if they really wanted to, as the previous cameras mentioned are all self recording and dont need the I2 internals for camera recording like the new ones made for the I2.
OR
Its a massive money grab AGAIN like making different batteries for the M100 to the M600 and inspire, that just screams greed to me.

Or they built the I2 to be a Cinema Drone and didn't compromise. It's not their job or in their best interest to make everything backwards compatible. They are keeping the I1v2 in the lineup and they aunt going to get rid of it anytime soon. It's still a great machine and fills the inspection market just fine. No one os forcing you to upgrade to the Inspire 2. For us in Motion Picture and TV though its a fantastic beast

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElwoodLope