Inspire 2 zoom camera

I believe the added weight of the longer lenses puts the gimbal out of balance, which can only be compensated with more weight...argh. Perhaps I'm wrong??

Well I have a thought on that which I can't verify anywhere:
Small light sensors only need small light zoom lenses.
Big light sensors, like in the X5 camera, need prettig big and heavy zoom lenses.
Here it comes: why doesn't anybody make make a converter ring to adapt a small light weight (power) zoom lens to a camera with a large light sensor. Then you will have to crop the image a lot to match the small lens, but it will be no worse than starting out with a small sensor and lens camera anyway. And you will have the big advantage of optical zoom, which is by far better than digital zoom (for inspection purposes).
So is it possible to adapt a small 30x zoom lens to a X5 camera and crop the image?

Reactions: Donnie Frank
The Inspire 1 with a Z3 might be a solution...the camera has been selling (cheaper than $900) on eBay...it's not a Z30 but that would involve purchasing a M600

It's become senseless to purchase DJI gear with any hope of long term use and adaptability. It's become wiser to lag a year and purchase for 50 cents on the dollar.

Or they built the I2 to be a Cinema Drone and didn't compromise. It's not their job or in their best interest to make everything backwards compatible. They are keeping the I1v2 in the lineup and they aunt going to get rid of it anytime soon. It's still a great machine and fills the inspection market just fine. No one os forcing you to upgrade to the Inspire 2. For us in Motion Picture and TV though its a fantastic beast