Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 Zoom capability

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a client who wants some short marketing videos and I'm using an Osmo for ground shots and Inspire 2 with X5S for Aerial shots. There are some areas that would benefit from a smooth zoom and pan however the Inspire doesn't have a digital zoom facility. What do other people do to overcome this? Buy a zoom lens for the Inspire?

Hello-

I have the Panasonic zoom lens. It’s pretty cool to have the ability to change focal lengths. As a “zoom” move - it’s not fluid or at least I haven’t been able to use it for that purpose. And i’ve Been unimpressed with the optical quality. The primes for the X5S seem notably sharper. I use it almost as a viewfinder or test flight.

I usually do zooms in post production (works great if shooting 4k plus and delivering 1920x1080) and combined with movement with bird.

Reactions: NewEngland
I had a Panisonic and didn't like it. I now have an Olympus 14-42 which is a bit better, but not smooth zooming in video. I miss my Z3 and wish DJI would make a similar zoom camera for the X5S.

Thanks Swindy & AeroMirage.

I think your both confirming what I thought, best to do post shoot until DJI bring out a Zoom for X5, X7 plus.

Not my preferred route though I must admit!

Thanks
Morgg.

Assuming that you have a 1920x1080 deliverable, have you considered shooting in 5.2k and pushing in in post. Remember, if you bring a 5.2k shot into a 1920x1080 timeline you fill the screen at only 37% it's actual size. You can then zoom into about 50 or 60% without seeing too much image degridation. Here is a radical example that I just did where I pushed into 80%. Again, more than I would want to do ideally, but wanted to show you an exagerated example.
This was shot with the Oly 17mm.

Good luck with your gig!
PW: 5kzoom

Hi rmb, can't see the vimeo as its asking for a password but I get the idea. I will have a play around with this before the job and see what results I get.

Thanks
Morgg

Hi rmb, can't see the vimeo as its asking for a password but I get the idea. I will have a play around with this before the job and see what results I get.

Thanks
Morgg

The password is given at the end of the post.

Hi all,

I have a client who wants some short marketing videos and I'm using an Osmo for ground shots and Inspire 2 with X5S for Aerial shots. There are some areas that would benefit from a smooth zoom and pan however the Inspire doesn't have a digital zoom facility. What do other people do to overcome this? Buy a zoom lens for the Inspire?
I just bought a inspire 2 with the x5s . So I find it odd theres no type of zoom at all not even optical ? When I pinch my fingers on the screen it does not zoom , is this right ? Of course I'm referring to the stock lens

Unfortunately yes you are quite right. The stock lenses i.e. the prime lenses the Olympus m.zuko 12, 15, 17, 25 and 45 mm doesn't have any zoom facilities.

Reactions: bluebird777
Unfortunately yes you are quite right. The stock lenses i.e. the prime lenses the Olympus m.zuko 12, 15, 17, 25 and 45 mm doesn't have any zoom facilities.
thank you so much for the reply! Even my mavic has optical zoom so I even had it sent in because I was sure there was a issue , now I know thanks. Even DJI customer service didn't know and were telling me there should be zoom ........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nylebrown77