Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire Pro versus Inspire 2 with X4S

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm a former P4P user, and am planning to buy an Inspire.
Although I'm debating between buying the Inspire Pro with X5 camera, or the Inspire 2 with X4S camera since the X5S is out of my budget for now..

The fact that you can buy the Inspire 1 Pro for only 3000 euro's here in Holland, while the Inspire 2 is 3200 euro for just the body makes it really tempting to just buy the Inspire Pro and a few lenses..

What are the pro's and cons of both? Is the Inspire 2 really worth the extra money, even if you use it with the X4S camera?

Inspire 2 is worth the money. The X4S camera while you can't change the lens is a better camera than the X5. Better low light performance, and higher bit rates. The I2 is also the better drone with better motors, dual batteries and more robust airframe

Reactions: slim.slamma
Inspire 2 is worth the money. The X4S camera while you can't change the lens is a better camera than the X5. Better low light performance, and higher bit rates. The I2 is also the better drone with better motors, dual batteries and more robust airframe

Do you think you'll be able to see an noticeable difference between the P4P and the X4S camera? Or will that come once you use the X5S?

I have both. ThingLenn40 is correct. Lens quality is same using similar filters. Guess the ariframe is your question. What are you planning on using it for, that is the ultimate question

I had an Inspire 2 and ended up selling it and going back to the Inspire 1 V2.0.
There were many reasons, but the most prominent ones were:
1 Overall Cost. I2 is much higher.
2 Loose props. Loose prop mounts on I2 from the start that has remained unresolved.
3 Stability. I2 less stable than the I1.
4 Zoom. No useable zoom lens for the X5S
5 Batteries. DJI has issued notice of TB50 battery imbalance problem that is so far unresolved.

I returned to the I1 with a Z3 camera. With the remaining $ I have gotten a P4P obsidian and a Mavic Air.
3 for the price of one.......

I have both. ThingLenn40 is correct. Lens quality is same using similar filters. Guess the ariframe is your question. What are you planning on using it for, that is the ultimate question

I’m planning on using it commercially.

I had an Inspire 2 and ended up selling it and going back to the Inspire 1 V2.0.
There were many reasons, but the most prominent ones were:
1 Overall Cost. I2 is much higher.
2 Loose props. Loose prop mounts on I2 from the start that has remained unresolved.
3 Stability. I2 less stable than the I1.
4 Zoom. No useable zoom lens for the X5S
5 Batteries. DJI has issued notice of TB50 battery imbalance problem that is so far unresolved.

I returned to the I1 with a Z3 camera. With the remaining $ I have gotten a P4P obsidian and a Mavic Air.
3 for the price of one.......

So you’re suggesting me to go for the Inspire 1 Pro, or maybe even the RAW. Because the price you pay for the Inspire 2 isn’t really worth the quality your getting camera wise?

So you’re suggesting me to go for the Inspire 1 Pro, or maybe even the RAW. Because the price you pay for the Inspire 2 isn’t really worth the quality your getting camera wise?

I have to say, I’ve had the Inspire 1 and 2, but would go for the 2 every time. Some of the reasons:
I find it much more stable than the Inspire 1.
It’s faster
FPV camera for the pilot, if you have a camera op
Redundancy in terms of duplicate systems (eg batteries)
More obstacle sensors
Upgradeable in terms of cameras
The downside, is that it’s not cheap, however I’ve landed more contracts because I have the Inspire 2.

It all comes down to what your intended use is, and budget of course.
If you wanted a Flir camera, forget the I2.
If 16mp won't do, forget the I1.
Etc.....

AeroMirage wrote "It all comes down to what your intended use is, and budget of course.
If you wanted a Flir camera, forget the I2."...

It's a shame actually, it seems like DJI are setting the Inspire up to be a solo purpose platform, unlike it's predecessor.

Surely it's just FW that stops the V2 from the same protocols of the Matrice??? (i'ma tech dinosaur).

That's why I went for the I1V2 Pro,,, (the RAW is still a bit high here on used market, but i can easily add it when i can afford the camera)). It's the best platform for 'my' budget, and yet is expandable into a 'cross-over' platform for both Photo/Viedeography and Industrial utilization.

One day do a photo shoot, the next be mapping a mine site, followed by the next day doing thermal inspections for a clients assets. Variety is the spice of life they say...

It will come back to horses for courses, which arena do you see yourself predominately in, and which outfit best matches your needs for that? You won't get the "perfect" has everything you could ever want, there will be compromise, only you can make that choice for you.

Good Luck...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
travejars