Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire V1 VS Pro

JMK

Reaction score
Hello ,
I have a V1 and looking to upgrade to the X5.
I have looked up other Threads about this but they don't really answer my question .
with the X3 i use it on Auto , so with the X5 i would keep it on Auto with the stock lens for now . I was looking for more detail in the pictures .

You have to mod the aircraft I don't know if you know that or not what exactly is your question about the camera

You have to mod the aircraft I don't know if you know that or not what exactly is your question about the camera

It's not really modding the aircraft you're just installing the X5 mount which comes stick on all v2.0 inspire 1"s

I have a v1 I'm putting the 3510h motors in it mine have some hours on them. V2 motors

X3 has a wider field of view than the X5, so at a given distance from a subject (building, group of people, etc), the X5 will show more detail than the X3. The X5 also has more pixels on the sensor. (I believe the X3 gives you about 4000x3000 pixel images; the X5 can give you 4608x3456.) On the other hand, if you shoot wide landscape type of scenery, the X5 can feel a little constraining since you don't have as wide an angle lens.

You can shoot both cameras on "auto" in terms of exposure, but you will have to tap to focus the X5 (which can take some getting used to). The X5 does not have a tracking autofocus, so you either tap to refocus periodically or manually set a hyperfocal distance to try and keep the important stuff in focus. I felt that the X5 images were nice in terms of tonal range and overall sensor quality; also pretty good in low light (up to about ISO 800). I was not impressed by the stock lens even after many calibrations.

It is a pricey upgrade, and ends up being more work for the operator - people might be able to offer you some additional input if you can expand a little more on what you are looking to accomplish/achieve with the upgrade.

Reactions: Cgland
The difference between the X3 and the X5 is mostly in High ISO noise and in dynamic range, resolution wise they are very comparable especially considering both are running only 60Mbps data rate. The X5r that's a totally different story as that is a pretty **** good camera which you don't really get better until you move up into the Red/Alexa territory

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo